Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku?

+65
Vee~
PumpkinCloud
Zeychie
Empress
Karu~kun
scarlet143
Cíєℓσツ
Annie-chan
cheesewax
JYTG
ArmoredMochi
grawl08
yondaime_minato
AnimeTakuDen
imurpapy
ichigo
Rabi-kun
DarkLord Kirra
Sherza~
ManiaKiss
Fabulous Morphling
Wub
Ina-chan
Lee Sin
loliprogram
Lemondemon
Mee Gow
PuroKishi
JEDC
ayan0915
Rajang
CoL
raincloud
JNL22
afk48
Aria
HyugA
beariiyuki
infinityandbeyond
genjuro07
Rawr
chil_princess
Nuke Teller
Ranzer
AMayasuki
megane~oneesama
Shiori Kimura
Hyeonnelde
anton.solayao
orotheheart
teeey++
mamamamarurururu
Reifa
- Hespera
Kyuubei
KƎN
~Lelouch~
souLinker
Acropyre
Parel
Squallgrieve
reb0rn78
mr.kudos
taka-chi
kitewashere
69 posters
Go down
kitewashere
kitewashere
Promoter
Promoter
Coins : 9410
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 Yg0oxTZ

Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 Empty Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku?

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm
First topic message reminder :

Well, all of us here are fans of anime. Who does not like anime here anyway? No one. But have you ever asked yourself if you're really SO OBSESSED in anime? Do you consider yourself as an Otaku or are you the type of person that belongs to Weeaboos?

What is an Otaku? What is a Weeaboo? What are their differences? Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 7776-30

Otaku is...
a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly (but not limited to) anime and manga. The term otaku is most often equivalent to a "geek". However, it can relate to a fan of any particular theme, topic, hobby or any form of entertainment. The term otaku can be applied to both males and females. People who are referred to as otaku are judged for their behaviors and people suddenly see an otaku as a person unable to relate to reality. In Japan there has been some negativity towards otaku and its culture.
based from Wikipedia

Weeaboo (a.k.a Wapanese) is...
an English slang used to describe a person (typically of non-Japanese descent) who prefers Japan and all things in Japanese over one’s indigenous culture. The term is a successive mutation of “Wapanese,” a derogatory slur referring to western Japanophiles with a strong bias towards Japanese cultural and tech imports. Originally, it is an antecedent word “Wapanese” (as in Wannabe Japanese) and a 4chan term which devised from the word-filter, replacing every instance of Wapanese. Weeaboo was a fictitious term originally coined by Nicholas Gurewitch in his Perry Bible Fellowship comic strip.
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 PBF071-Weeaboo
based from here

Difference betweeen an Otaku and a Weeaboo
Establishing distinctions between Otaku and Weeaboo can be kinda confusing, as both subcultures subscribe to a common set of interests (ex: anime/manga/gaming/cosplay) and share the social stigma of nurturing "unhealthy hobbyisms."

Similarities:
Spoiler:

Diffrences:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
based from here

So there you have it. You know now what an otaku and a weeaboo is. Features of weeaboo overlaps those of an otaku or at least, the popular interpretation for otaku. The reason why is simple: every weeaboo is an otaku, BUT not every otaku is a Weeaboo. Mind blown yet? Well, it’s not exactly easy to tell them apart. :P

Are you an Otaku or a Weeaboo?

infinityandbeyond
infinityandbeyond
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:54 pm
MiyuAizawa wrote:
infinityandbeyond wrote:

Woah, woah, woah! Hold your horses there, am I also being monitored, as in right now? I'm just stating the facts, and I'm not at wapanese. :)
And me sir right now am using "your" so-called "brain." That's all. :)

Oh.. Sorry, I didn't see it. You're out of the grasp now. We're cool.

infinityandbeyond wrote:
admeencol wrote: I am not that average person who really an OTAKU, im that so obsessed in Anime. I'm contented that i like anime.

Admeencol, I didn't receive any warning, but why do I have 25% warning level, is this a glitch? Tss... I'm pretty pissed right now

I see, Dun worry we're discussing this matter right now. I know that you're thinking it's my fault since I'm the last mod who posted and interacted with you guys in this thread.

Oh, I'm not blaming you. But hey, thanks again. :D
ayan0915
ayan0915
Fairy Tail Mage
Fairy Tail Mage

Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:53 pm
Am I an Otaku?

I watch atleast 12~25 eps. of anime a day;
Can't last a day without watching anime;
I don't collect Anime figs., display anime wallpapers, attend cosplays;
I have collections of Anime OP/ED/BGM with good sounds;
Sometimes play League of Legends when I'm bored of watching (Alternate routine: Watch 1 ep. -> Play 1 Game)
JEDC
JEDC
GFX Staff
GFX Staff
Coins : 13916
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 URK4wDE
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 UWLrqpi
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 Xqfofc5
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 PGFw8zK

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:40 pm
I don't care if im otaku or not,
but in my heart, i really really love anime/manga :)
PuroKishi
PuroKishi
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Coins : 21081
Membership : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 TkKnDai
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 Ir2Zgf6

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm
I think I'm an Otaku. Not just watch Anime, etc etc. I collect figures, specially Gundams XD have lot's of posters, knows lots of Jpop/rock. Currently learning Jculture specially cuisine. this

But I beg to disagree with this one

"Weeaboo: Will buy Japanese treats online or at stores (especially Pocky)"

I think this is so wrong. It's okay for Otakus to buy merch, but food? I buy pocky, mochis, onigiris and even eat at Sushi bars, but I don't think that makes me less an Otaku and more a Weeaboo. I think that's just normal. I like Japan not only because of Anime. Japanese Cuisine is also a hit for me. So that's it.
Mee Gow
Mee Gow
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 303
Warning Level : 3rd Warning
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 PGFw8zK

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Proud and never been ashamed to be an otaku..
infinityandbeyond
infinityandbeyond
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
migopogi wrote:Proud and never been ashamed to be an otaku..

I agree! :) :proud
infinityandbeyond
infinityandbeyond
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 am
PuroKishi wrote:I think I'm an Otaku. Not just watch Anime, etc etc. I collect figures, specially Gundams XD have lot's of posters, knows lots of Jpop/rock. Currently learning Jculture specially cuisine. this

I think this is so wrong. It's okay for Otakus to buy merch, but food? I buy pocky, mochis, onigiris and even eat at Sushi bars, but I don't think that makes me less an Otaku and more a Weeaboo. I think that's just normal. I like Japan not only because of Anime. Japanese Cuisine is also a hit for me. So that's it.

Finally, someone understands me! :')
Lemondemon
Lemondemon
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 285
Warning Level : You are BANNED!
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 745GASw
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 LPwZS8o
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 URK4wDE
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 Xqfofc5

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:03 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
infinityandbeyond wrote:
migopogi wrote:Proud and never been ashamed to be an otaku..

I agree! :) :proud

infinityandbeyond wrote:
PuroKishi wrote:I think I'm an Otaku. Not just watch Anime, etc etc. I collect figures, specially Gundams XD have lot's of posters, knows lots of Jpop/rock. Currently learning Jculture specially cuisine. this

Pwede Naman Po eh Edit (^^)

WARNING: Avoid Double Posting
Parel
Parel
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 214

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 pm
WARNING PAREL!

For the SECOND TIME. There are members of this forum who’re younger than you. USING FOUL/CURSE/INSULTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. How many times would I remind you because of this? If you’ll continue acting like a b*tch and ignore my warning, I will not hesitate in punching the BAN BUTTON.

It's not my intention to insult, or maybe it is? but if someone is insulted by my comment then I apologize, or not?
PuroKishi
PuroKishi
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Coins : 21081
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 Ir2Zgf6

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:20 pm
Acropyre wrote:
reb0rn78 wrote:Of Course OTAKU..!! i wasted all of my money buying anime DVD's just to entertain myself :D

That's stupid.

The reason I got into anime is because it's free. I can torrent it.

I'd never buy DVDs , figurines, posters, and manga. It's expensive.

If I have the money, I'd go for a better hobby than anime. Like Heroin.

Well, the reason I like Anime, because it's "Anime" It's not just because I get it for free, during my early years, I watch Anime on TV Channels(and yes we pay for the cable) I even bought original DVDs long ago, took part of my money XD

Me, I have a Hobby, both Connected to Anime. I Collect Anime Figures and I'm a Scale Modeler or specifically a Gundam PlaMo. Even though I spent thousands(well double digits) at the end of the day, I'm still happy in what I did and what I have. I feel contented and happy. Feels like I'm just close to the Anime I admire. I don't think it's "Stupid" rather it's actually normal among Otakus and even regular Anime Fans. Heck, we even have our own exhibits, conventions to cosplay events. We gain more friends, more knowledge and even share our passion. Which I believe helps not just for our self improvement but for the industry as well.

So if some people think wasting money for Anime Merch is stupid, haha

"Welcome to the Otaku Universe"
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 1400
Membership : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 GDW1CCf

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 pm
I hope you Weaboos go die in a fire.
Aria
Aria
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 37219
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 745GASw
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 LPwZS8o
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 HGUQngJ

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:10 pm
Parel wrote:
It's not my intention to insult, or maybe it is? but if someone is insulted by my comment then I apologize, or not?

Why are you asking me? Ask for yourself, and I think you are OLD enough to understand what is happening around here. And it's clearly stated that you threw foul insults to some member. I HOPED that you really red the RULES AND REGULATIONS of this forum. And if by means of NO, read this:

admeencol wrote:
Flaming

- Personal attacks, or assaulting TNMMA community members with belittling, insulting or threatening contents are forbidden. Flaming is absolutely unpleasant and will be subjected to moderation and possibly incur a ban.

Acropyre wrote:I hope you Weaboos go die in a fire.

ANOTHER WARNING FOR ACROPYRE

You're going too far user #4490. We can't accept an attitude like that in this forum.
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm
@Topic

If you're facebook name has anime words or japanese romanji on it, boom, weaboo.
infinityandbeyond
infinityandbeyond
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:58 pm
MiyuAizawa wrote:
Parel wrote:

Why are you asking me? Ask for yourself, and I think you are OLD enough to understand what is happening around here. And it's clearly stated that you threw foul insults to some member. I HOPED that you really red the RULES AND REGULATIONS of this forum. And if by means of NO, read this:

Serves him right @Acropyre. :P

admeencol wrote:
Flaming

- Personal attacks, or assaulting TNMMA community members with belittling, insulting or threatening contents are forbidden. Flaming is absolutely unpleasant and will be subjected to moderation and possibly incur a ban.

Acropyre wrote:I hope you Weaboos go die in a fire.

ANOTHER WARNING FOR ACROPYRE

You're going too far user #4490. We can't accept an attitude like that in this forum.
loliprogram
loliprogram
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 20831
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 LPwZS8o
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 HGUQngJ

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:54 pm
I think I'm both but..

I don't care, all I know is I love anime. Nevermind the others.

The heck.. What's with you people? :fw

Shiori Kimura
Shiori Kimura
Fairy Tail Mage
Fairy Tail Mage

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm
infinityandbeyond wrote:

There's a thin line between otaku and weeaboo. Sometimes it's so thin, some people mistake someone who isn't weeaboo to be one. Buying Japanese food doesn't make you a weeaboo. But if you buy it ALL the time and refuse to eat other food (because "Japanese food is the best"), then you may be a weeaboo. If you think Japan is wonderland, then yeah, you could be a weeaboo. If you think you can learn Japanese purely from anime, you might be a weeaboo. Speaking random Japanese words mixed with your own language to other people (except friends) can make you appear weeaboo. If you act obnoxious about your "knowledge" about Japan/anime, you could be a weeaboo.

PuroKishi wrote:
Acropyre wrote:
reb0rn78 wrote:Of Course OTAKU..!! i wasted all of my money buying anime DVD's just to entertain myself :D

That's stupid.

The reason I got into anime is because it's free. I can torrent it.

I'd never buy DVDs , figurines, posters, and manga. It's expensive.

If I have the money, I'd go for a better hobby than anime. Like Heroin.

Well, the reason I like Anime, because it's "Anime" It's not just because I get it for free, during my early years, I watch Anime on TV Channels(and yes we pay for the cable) I even bought original DVDs long ago, took part of my money XD

Me, I have a Hobby, both Connected to Anime. I Collect Anime Figures and I'm a Scale Modeler or specifically a Gundam PlaMo. Even though I spent thousands(well double digits) at the end of the day, I'm still happy in what I did and what I have. I feel contented and happy. Feels like I'm just close to the Anime I admire. I don't think it's "Stupid" rather it's actually normal among Otakus and even regular Anime Fans. Heck, we even have our own exhibits, conventions to cosplay events. We gain more friends, more knowledge and even share our passion. Which I believe helps not just for our self improvement but for the industry as well.

So if some people think wasting money for Anime Merch is stupid, haha

"Welcome to the Otaku Universe"

I don't think it's stupid either. Purchasing something from your fandom is a good way to express it too. For example, I'm a huge fan of the Pokemon games. I always buys them. If I like something a lot to the point of fandom, I buy the merch. Since I'm not that otaku, I only buy the ones I really liked (ex. Rurouni Kenshin, I bought the manga and I'm planning to buy an original DVD of thenlive action).

Acropyre wrote:@Topic

If you're facebook name has anime words or japanese romanji on it, boom, weaboo.

Not always. Even regular fans or otakus can have names like that.
Lee Sin
Lee Sin
Administrator
Administrator
Coins :
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 LPwZS8o

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 pm
Why can't we just all calm down and have unity cause we have the same interest? :3
Ina-chan
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 16134
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 MIXC3qQ
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 4 SNyb2eO

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
..haha Certified OTAKU :D ^^V YEAH~ haha
Wub
Wub
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Coins : 1200

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:07 am
Well I am an otaku ... my hard drive could tell if I am an otaku .. cuz i have 3 hard drive 1tb each ... contained anime and anime movies I also watch more than 100 anime .... that explains
infinityandbeyond
infinityandbeyond
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 am
Wub wrote:Well I am an otaku ... my hard drive could tell if I am an otaku .. cuz i have 3 hard drive 1tb each ... contained anime and anime movies I also watch more than 100 anime .... that explains

Awesome! Wish I have 1 tb too. :)
Fabulous Morphling
Fabulous Morphling
Warning Level : You are BANNED!

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:04 pm
Zero wrote:Why can't we just all calm down and have unity cause we have the same interest? :3

Of course not, this will never happen

You have the Moeblobs , Shounen retards, " Classic is better than new ones" douchebags, and many more. They hate each other
ManiaKiss
ManiaKiss
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 709

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm
Im not an fucking otaku. I deny the very word itself.

and for Weeabos out there, go choke yourself. srsly.

Peace. <3

+Why b*tches getting so mad about ^THAT conversation? THIS IS THE FUCKING INTERNET!

#free #freedom #shutupbitches
Sherza~
Sherza~
Radio DJ
Radio DJ
Coins : 5700

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm
I can't really say that I'm an otaku. You know why ? Because I can't give my whole time watching anime. I have to study, seriously. But I have numerous series on my 3 USB. I can't save files on my laptop because some of them are ecchi and yaoi. My parents might see and watch those. MeGusta. I
DarkLord Kirra
DarkLord Kirra
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 4445

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:09 am
I'm having an identity crisis coz I'm not really sure if I'm an otaku or not.

Geez, I reckon sarcasm isn't allowed in this forum then.
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:47 am
ArufeimKirra wrote:I'm having an identity crisis coz I'm not really sure if I'm an otaku or not.

Geez, I reckon sarcasm isn't allowed in this forum then.
Frame,

Saving anime one frame at a time *
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum