Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku?

+65
Vee~
PumpkinCloud
Zeychie
Empress
Karu~kun
scarlet143
Cíєℓσツ
Annie-chan
cheesewax
JYTG
ArmoredMochi
grawl08
yondaime_minato
AnimeTakuDen
imurpapy
ichigo
Rabi-kun
DarkLord Kirra
Sherza~
ManiaKiss
Fabulous Morphling
Wub
Ina-chan
Lee Sin
loliprogram
Lemondemon
Mee Gow
PuroKishi
JEDC
ayan0915
Rajang
CoL
raincloud
JNL22
afk48
Aria
HyugA
beariiyuki
infinityandbeyond
genjuro07
Rawr
chil_princess
Nuke Teller
Ranzer
AMayasuki
megane~oneesama
Shiori Kimura
Hyeonnelde
anton.solayao
orotheheart
teeey++
mamamamarurururu
Reifa
- Hespera
Kyuubei
KƎN
~Lelouch~
souLinker
Acropyre
Parel
Squallgrieve
reb0rn78
mr.kudos
taka-chi
kitewashere
69 posters
Go down
kitewashere
kitewashere
Promoter
Promoter
Coins : 9410
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 Yg0oxTZ

Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 Empty Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku?

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm
First topic message reminder :

Well, all of us here are fans of anime. Who does not like anime here anyway? No one. But have you ever asked yourself if you're really SO OBSESSED in anime? Do you consider yourself as an Otaku or are you the type of person that belongs to Weeaboos?

What is an Otaku? What is a Weeaboo? What are their differences? Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 7776-30

Otaku is...
a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly (but not limited to) anime and manga. The term otaku is most often equivalent to a "geek". However, it can relate to a fan of any particular theme, topic, hobby or any form of entertainment. The term otaku can be applied to both males and females. People who are referred to as otaku are judged for their behaviors and people suddenly see an otaku as a person unable to relate to reality. In Japan there has been some negativity towards otaku and its culture.
based from Wikipedia

Weeaboo (a.k.a Wapanese) is...
an English slang used to describe a person (typically of non-Japanese descent) who prefers Japan and all things in Japanese over one’s indigenous culture. The term is a successive mutation of “Wapanese,” a derogatory slur referring to western Japanophiles with a strong bias towards Japanese cultural and tech imports. Originally, it is an antecedent word “Wapanese” (as in Wannabe Japanese) and a 4chan term which devised from the word-filter, replacing every instance of Wapanese. Weeaboo was a fictitious term originally coined by Nicholas Gurewitch in his Perry Bible Fellowship comic strip.
Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 PBF071-Weeaboo
based from here

Difference betweeen an Otaku and a Weeaboo
Establishing distinctions between Otaku and Weeaboo can be kinda confusing, as both subcultures subscribe to a common set of interests (ex: anime/manga/gaming/cosplay) and share the social stigma of nurturing "unhealthy hobbyisms."

Similarities:
Spoiler:

Diffrences:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
based from here

So there you have it. You know now what an otaku and a weeaboo is. Features of weeaboo overlaps those of an otaku or at least, the popular interpretation for otaku. The reason why is simple: every weeaboo is an otaku, BUT not every otaku is a Weeaboo. Mind blown yet? Well, it’s not exactly easy to tell them apart. :P

Are you an Otaku or a Weeaboo?

Rabi-kun
Rabi-kun
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:16 pm
Hi guys, newbie here. About the topic, I "used to" believe that I am an otaku - was even labeling myself as such on the online world. I was an active forumer, way back 2010 but not here in TNMAA. I was totally into watching random anime and reading mangas alongside the usual series that I subscribed to. Created my own manga, was gaga on cosplaying though never tried it on public yet etc.. Then after afterwards, I was so busy that it was totally hard for me to follow even "1" anime series or read manga.

Now, I still watch animes from time to time esp. titles which give me a good laugh (eg. Gintama, Hetalia, yep I subscribed to Hero Channel). Now, I really don't think I am an otaku, even a weeaboo. Though I like japanese stuffs! Noodles, noodles, noodles. Ah noodles.
ichigo
ichigo
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 9500

Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:14 am
i'm not sure if i'm an otaku or not. :nono but I'm not that obsessed with anime
imurpapy
imurpapy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 6380

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:42 am
Grabe ka Acro isa kang alamat BitchPlease

Btw impossible maging weeaboo ako

Pero otaku Oo!

Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 1400
Membership : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 GDW1CCf
Member's Awards : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 PGFw8zK

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:17 am
imurpapy wrote:Grabe ka Acro isa kang alamat BitchPlease

Btw impossible maging weeaboo ako

Pero otaku Oo!

Legend is my middle name

John Legend Smith
AnimeTakuDen
AnimeTakuDen
Shinigami Badge Holder
Shinigami Badge Holder

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 pm
I'm an Otaku! But I don't buy DVD's and Figurines (I don't have much money for that xD) I leak videos and download videos ill****** I spend my time watching/rewatching anime Yeah I'm a perv xD I have loads of anime in my hard drive and yeah I spend most of the time gaming/watching anime last time I watched i didn't notice it was already 12AM until my mom called me xD
yondaime_minato
yondaime_minato
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 358

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:16 am
yes im an otaku but i only watching the animes that i only enjoy and read mangas that i only enjoy :-)
grawl08
grawl08
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 8017

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:42 pm
well, meron akong 2TB hard disk and it has been my dream na punuin yun ng anime pero ang layo pa sa katotohanan ang anime collection ko. haha. interested ako sa cosplay, figurines(esp. Gunpla Modelling), guitar covers(Anime OPs, EDs, BGs). but i don't brand myself as an "Otaku", i prefer to call myself as an Anime Ethusiast. >.<
ArmoredMochi
ArmoredMochi
GFX Staff
GFX Staff
Coins : 516
Membership : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 89eyczS

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:20 pm
I'm Really A Otaku ! 110% Sure
JYTG
JYTG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 5500

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:24 am
Hmm.. I think that I'm somewhat in between. XD I don't collect anime stuffs but I love watching anime and reading manga. I sometimes randomly says Japanese words but I do not act like Japan's a holy place. So I guess, I'm somewhere in between. An anime lover, perhaps?  :step6 
cheesewax
cheesewax
Dango Lover
Dango Lover
Coins : 36

Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:24 am
otaku indeed
Annie-chan
Annie-chan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 454

Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:33 pm
I'm an Otaku :star
Cíєℓσツ
Cíєℓσツ
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 0
Warning Level : You are BANNED!

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:11 am
I am an Otaku not Weaboo .yey
scarlet143
scarlet143
Fairy Tail Mage
Fairy Tail Mage
Coins : 23295
Warning Level : 2nd Warning

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:04 pm
hmm... guys the term "otaku" has a very negative effect on it's country of origin but to me i think i'm not yet an "otaku" instead anime enthusiast i cosplay but it's not enough you call yourself a gamer? well for i couldn't say that i'm just a typical person who loves game XDD
Karu~kun
Karu~kun
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 18133

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 am
yeah .. i was born to be an otaku :star
Empress
Empress
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 364
Membership : Are You Sure that You're Really an Otaku? - Page 5 TkKnDai

Sun May 11, 2014 8:41 pm
So I am both? XD
I'm just an average.
Well I'm random.

I love K-pops, I'm an athlete, a God's follower an Anime lover, blueberries die-hard fan, I love western movies and I love Japanese stuff and more. I am very randomize as its finest.
Zeychie
Zeychie
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder

Thu May 22, 2014 5:37 pm
Proud Otaku  .rich
PumpkinCloud
PumpkinCloud

Fri May 23, 2014 7:57 pm
I'm definitely an Otaku, and pure.
(Well, I was forced by my sister but, I Loved it, but now, she isn't an otaku any more T.T(Get Back to the topic PumpkinCloud!))
Vee~
Vee~
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT

Fri May 23, 2014 9:36 pm
Why bother to prove to yourself if you're an otaku or a weeaboo? It's just a word that people mad to categorize some people. You don't need to prove anything, just do what ever you like and enjoy being friends with the people you share the same interest with.
Kisechii
Kisechii
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 28827

Sat May 24, 2014 11:30 am
I'm an otaku

I collect anime DvD's figurines, manga!

And I cosplay if there is an event!

I'm proud to be an otaku!
jhinx01
jhinx01
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Sat May 24, 2014 11:48 am
im no Otaku and im no wapanes also

im half bombay and half japanese so call me

"BoomPanes" hahaha

Joke Aside.

one must not said being an Otaku for watching anime or playing games.. because the word "Otaku" is an insult in japan..

just a hobby :) to pass time..
Liesianthes
Liesianthes
Shinigami Badge Holder
Shinigami Badge Holder

Sat May 24, 2014 1:29 pm
I don't want to call myself an otaku
I'm an anime fan,
anime lover,
anime enthusiasts
.that's all yet the definition falls down on otaku, I just don't like the way it's called that's all
jhinx01
jhinx01
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Sat May 24, 2014 2:36 pm
Liesianthes wrote:I don't want to call myself an otaku
I'm an anime fan,
anime lover,
anime enthusiasts
.that's all yet the definition falls down on otaku, I just don't like the way it's called that's all

there someone who got the same view as me on the word otaku..
you're right people forgot what really otaku means.
ILoveTheSilence
ILoveTheSilence
Promoter
Promoter
Coins : 10671

Mon May 26, 2014 4:07 am
Vee~ wrote:Why bother to prove to yourself if you're an otaku or a weeaboo? It's just a word that people mad to categorize some people. You don't need to prove anything, just do what ever you like and enjoy being friends with the people you share the same interest with.

I agree with you there but apparently, some people don't like being grouped together with people who don't particularly act (or do) the same things as them. Probably the reason why they make other categories/groups so that they can differentiate themselves from those who aren't one with their ideals. For example (gomen if this may offend some people) the people who like Log Horizon and the people who like Sword Art Online and also those who like both.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum