Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 1400
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership : Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review GDW1CCf
Member's Awards : Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review PGFw8zK

Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review Empty Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 pm
Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review 50861

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

Type: Movie
Episodes: 1
Aired: May 31, 2013
Producers: CoMix Wave, Sentai FilmworksL
Genres: Romance
Duration: 46 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Kotonoha no Niwa is Makoto Shinkai's latest work. The anime film focuses only one thing and one thing only; Romance. While the notable works of Shinkai romance such as 5 centimeters per second and Hoshi no Koe were depressing from the get go, Kotonoha no Niwa is something peculiar. Like a sense of completion while at the same time a hint of sadness, what you will feel in the end of the movie is something unique and may be different to another audience because the movie was not one sided. Shinkai explored two target audiences for this film, adolescence and adults. Thus, the ending that Shinkai accomplished was completely dependent on what the audience standpoint on ethics and the audience current age. You maybe scratching your head for why two target audience, I will cover that on the rest of the review.

The story may feel like the cliché young guy x older woman romance but it is not. Along with heavy symbolism such shoes being a medium of looking forward and the awful weather disturbance called rain as a condition for the romance, Shinkai made this cliché into a masterpiece. The pacing is kind of weird. It heavily relies on the audience's ability to recognize good stuff directory. Long story short, mediocre storyline but the execution and the bitter-sweet ending made this anime worth putting on my top list.

The characters are fairly well done. First you have Takao, a 15 year old boy who likes to make shoes. Then you have Yukino, a 27 year old female that seems like, in an audience perspective, a mysterious figure. As the plot progresses, the audience learns the backgrounds of the two characters. Because this is a realistic anime, the audience can not help but relate to the two lovers. Whether it is the age difference in relationship or problems that take a piece out of your will, whatever it is, the audience will be engaged in this deep relation with the characters.

The animation is also a factor why this movie became so powerful. Shinkai's works such as 5 Centimeters per Second and The Place Promised in Our Early Days have insane animation. The latest installment of Shinkai's movie is not an exception. The detailed landscape will make you feel refreshed and the rain artwork of the movie is vibrant.

The music of Kotonoha no Niwa was ingenious. A guy named Daisuke Kashiwa made the Kotonoha no Niwa background music possible. Not only that the songs gives the romantic feel, the music also perfectly blended with the rain and river flow. The ending song gave a nice closure. Sang by the artist Motohiro Hata, he gave the classic song Rain a new meaning. The sound effects in this anime were also amazingly done. The sound effects of rain, thunder, and footsteps were good. They helped the movie gave the realistic feeling.  For the voices, a lot of people felt like Kana Hanazawa as Yukino was horrible, but for me Kana was perfect in that anime. Kana is almost the same age as Yukino, so it felt like Kana was speaking from her true self. Did Shinkai do this on purpose? Next, Takao's voice actor was Miyu Irino. I heard a couple from this guy but his notable works were Jinta from Ano Hana and Akira Tsubaki from Nazo Kanojo. I must say this guy was good in Kotonoha no Niwa. Shinkai usually hire low tier voice actors/actresses in his movies, but he finally picked the best ones this time.

Lastly, I enjoyed this anime. When I first watched the trailer was immediately hyped by the visuals and music. I recommended this to a lot of acquaintances and they were not disappointed. The movie helped me grew as a better person today. I recommend this to the people who would enjoy romance, amazing visuals, and ecstatic music. Kotonoha no Niwa is a ten on my list.
nonem
nonem
Promoter
Promoter
Coins : 10000
Member's Awards : Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review URK4wDE

Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review Empty Re: Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:07 pm
This is really a masterpiece! Until now I can't explain the feeling I felt after watching this movie.   :sweet:

Thanks again for recommending this movie brethren. .bd
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator

Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review Empty Re: Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:21 am
nonem wrote:This is really a masterpiece! Until now I can't explain the feeling I felt after watching this movie.   :sweet:

Thanks again for recommending this movie brethren. .bd
I'm glad to know you loved the movie.
Annenonymous
Annenonymous
Radio DJ
Radio DJ
Coins : 7865
Membership : Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review 12405885
Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review 89eyczS

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 am

Nice, can't wait to download it. .sugoi 
Roannechii
Roannechii
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 2117

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:46 am
"Kotoba ni dekizu kogoeta mama de
Hitomae de wa yasashiku ikiteita
Shiwayose de konna fuu ni zatsu ni
Ame no yoru ni kimi wo dakishimeteta"

Epic song!

And epic review! Pro mashado!
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:14 pm
Roanne :3 wrote:"Kotoba ni dekizu kogoeta mama de
Hitomae de wa yasashiku ikiteita
Shiwayose de  konna fuu ni zatsu ni
Ame no yoru ni kimi wo dakishimeteta"

Epic song!

And epic review! Pro mashado!
Dawwww, thanks
Wolowizard
Wolowizard
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Warning Level : 3rd Warning

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm
I would be lying if I said I read your review. I didn't read it all because it's too damn long, but I read the last part.

I enjoyed watching it and of course the scenery were as always superb. Sasuga Makoto sensei
DarkLord Kirra
DarkLord Kirra
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 4445

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:45 am
The visual and animation part was a huge turn on to me since I'm a huge sakuga fan. But the story kind of somehow lacked something, which I'm not really sure of what that is. Maybe that is because it's Makoto Shinkai we're talking about.

Anyway, good review. Thumbs up :ttu:
ArmoredMochi
ArmoredMochi
GFX Staff
GFX Staff
Coins : 516
Membership : Kotonoha no Niwa ( The Garden of Words ) Review 89eyczS

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:08 am
Downloading......
Thanks idol :awesome:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum