Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
Ixsei_DXD
Ixsei_DXD
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Coins : 3872
Warning Level : No Warning

REVIEW : BEN-TO Empty REVIEW : BEN-TO

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:36 pm
REVIEW : BEN-TO Ben-To-04

BEN-TO
Alternative title:
ベン・トー (Japanese)
Genres: action, comedy
Themes: fanservice, fighting, harem, school, shoujo-ai

Objectionable content: Significant

Plot Summary: You Sato is a new high school student living in the dorms. While seeking cheap eats at the local market he finds himself beat up and semi-conscious with fleeting glimpses of a girl during the moments of his collapse. As his memories recover the next day, he discovers that trying to purchase half priced lunchboxes can be hazardous to his health as free-for-all fights with local students for the discounted food is the nightly routine. The girl from the night before, Sen Yarizui, is an upper classmate known as the Frozen Witch and is one of the local Wolves who dominates the area. She educates him on the rules of the game where Wolves eat well while Dogs settle for cup ramen. With fellow first year student Hana Oshiroi, a fetishistic germaphobe, You Sato sets out to discover if he too has what it takes to be a Wolf and taste the sweet victory of half priced boxed banquets or wallow in the bitter defeat of reconstituted noodles and salty broth in a styrofoam bowl.
source : animenewsnetwork.com

My first say is, Ben-to is not your typical generic anime. Just as the title says Ben-to is about food, but not all about food. What I can say about this anime is its uniqueness and its action! I mean really its a battle royalle every single episode fighting for half-priced food in a super market.

Story: 8/10
Basically, Sato Yo went to get a half-priced bento one day, but then he got beaten up and loses consciousness. When he wakes up, he has no memory of what happened in the supermarket. A girl then warns him (Sen Yarizui, AKA the ice witch) never to go to the supermarket again. However, Sato goes again with his friend, Oshiroi Hana, and gets beat up again. Yarizui then invites them to the Half Priced Food Lovers Club, where she teaches them all about being a "wolf" (figher for half-priced bentoes)
The story is very comedic, with Sato getting embarrassed and the fights full of action-packed battles. The characters have their own special names, which the "wolves" refer to by. Then, there are "boars," "wolves pride" and "rulers of the east and west". This turns the plot into a great story, basically talking about how much fighting for bentos mean to them. It's surprisingly deep, for an anime about food. I'm also surprised how there are rankings, and how they use everyday supermarket items as weapons. And you got a good story.

Art : 8/10 The art is just standard not ugly and not too beautiful to be complemented. its just normal.

Music : 9/10 The music is good I actually loved the music. Especially when the action scenes takes place the music is so good that you want to jump into the screen of your computer and join the rumble. It also has tribal music that is used for comedy and such. The funny thing is they used some music that doesn't match the comedy scene to make it more hilarious. The OP is very good it makes you clench your fist and want to join the anime and beat someone up. The ending is okay but not too good. All in all the music is very good but it is still not perfect so I'll give it a 9.

Characters: 9/10 Here you've got the main character, Sato who was beaten up in the early minutes of the second episode but what I like about him is that he is not a pussy MC that takes a season just to beat one guy. He is not weak but not too strong. He is perverted sometimes but not too much like Issei Hyodo or Tomoki Sakurai. What makes him more funnier is that the wolves are given an aka or an alias and his alias is "hentai" or pervert/freak. Then you have the "ice witch" Sen which is Sato's love interest but oblivious about it. She is the main female protagonist which is a strong brawler in their territory. And last is Sato's half Italian cousin Shaga aka "the beauty by the lake". She is good in video games and often seduces Sato and Sen's friend and rival. The side characters are all brawlers and they are all funny except the villains of coarse. There are stories behind their aliases and the reason why are they called like that its also funny.

Enjoyment : 9/10 This anime will make you laugh and this is really enjoyable that is why I wonder why this anime is not really that popular.

Overall : 8/10 Ben-to is an anime that a must watch. It has action. I swear every episode they brawl. It has its uniqueness like the battlefield is the grocery and baskets and chopsticks as powerful weapons. You will laugh and laugh and laugh.
Shiiiiii
Shiiiiii
Dango Lover
Dango Lover
Coins : 1550
Member's Awards : REVIEW : BEN-TO MIXC3qQ
REVIEW : BEN-TO PGFw8zK

REVIEW : BEN-TO Empty Re: REVIEW : BEN-TO

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:42 pm
maganda sya , yung action scenes tsaka may mga nicknames pa sila . Oo nga di sya ganun kasikat.
9/10 for meh :genius:
lanhedge
lanhedge
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 49
Membership : REVIEW : BEN-TO 12405885
REVIEW : BEN-TO Untitled_2
REVIEW : BEN-TO Znys
REVIEW : BEN-TO 89eyczS
Member's Awards : REVIEW : BEN-TO Yg0oxTZ

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:30 pm
I think this anime is interesting. This is my first time to hear about this anime.
Really good review and really good content. The sentence and the grammar usages are good. The vocabularies are easy to understand. Really nice.
vanillaikanamii
vanillaikanamii
TNMAA VIP Member
TNMAA VIP Member
Coins : 5656
Member's Awards : REVIEW : BEN-TO Yg0oxTZ
REVIEW : BEN-TO MIXC3qQ

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:52 pm
thanks for the review, gonna watch it.XD
@jin_inehma13 (jin kien)
@jin_inehma13 (jin kien)
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Warning Level : 1st Warning

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:41 am
kala ko naman ben 10 kya d q pnapansin bet to pala ahahihih wala pa katang bentong? .lol kidding aside its 9/10 for me ! .sugoi
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum