Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
Ixsei_DXD
Ixsei_DXD
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Coins : 3872
Warning Level : No Warning

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Empty Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:47 pm
Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Oda+Nobuna+No+Yabou+Vostfr+EA+STREAM

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna Review (Oda Nobuna no Yabou)

Good day to you all I will be reviewing Oda Nobuna no Yabou a historical romantic/comedy/harem/action anime adaptation of a light novel with the same name. I like reviewing anime that are not so popular but when you watch it you would say, "oh this is cool" or "its actually good!". Yes, that is my reaction when I watched this anime. I actually discovered this anime by accident when I was looking for a good harem action show. When I saw it I was like "meh...Japanese history,boring..." but even though I said that, I  watched the first 5 minutes of the anime because the characters looks cool and good thing I watched it.

PLOT:
The historical romantic comedy follows 17-year-old high schooler Sagara Yoshiharu who one day time-travels to the Sengoku period, where all the major Feudal lords and samurais are cute girls. Yoshiharu meets Oda Nobuna, the female counterpart of Oda Nobunaga, and begins to serve her as a substitute of Kinoshita Tokichiro (Toyotomi Hideyoshi), who was killed.
source: myanimelist

The plot is short so I will explain the plot with my own words:

Sagara Yoshiharu, a senior high school boy, was in the sengoku period (war) by an unexplained reason the plot said he "time traveled" (though it was never explained in the anime). He was about to be shot but he was protected by the man Toyotomi Hideyoshi (the guy who united Japan) and was shot instead. So basically, he will be replacing him.
The twist is that, all the major samurai lord are beautiful girls or lolis. At the middle of the battle Yoshiharu meets protected a girl who is Oda Nobuna,the of the oda clan,and did you guys know how he protected her?!
Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Oda-Nobuna-no-Yabou-01-01
its DEUX EX MACHINA!
That scene is very hilarious, after that, because he protected lord Nobuna he will serve her and he will be actually very useful because he plays Oda Nobunaga simulation games! So basically he knows what will happen next.

Wow, I talk too much. I will give the the plot a 4/5 because I don't even know much about alternate Japanese history so it is pretty exciting and its actually about strategies and war with comedy and romance and I'm into that stuff.

Music: 5/5 I'll give it a perfect score because the music is awesome! The opening theme is “Link” by Aimi and it perfectly fits the anime's theme. Then my most favorite  part in the music section is the battle osts.(background music) I promise that it will give you an eargasm every time you hear them. The ending song is “Hikari” by Makino Mizuta. It is a slow paced song with some romance and its good to the ears.Though it has fanservice, its still good. (Though Highschool DxD's EDs is unbeatable when it comes to fanservice)

Animation : 4/5 The animation is produced by Madhouse and it is well done. It is a 2012 anime so it is new, not old school. The colors are good and vivid but not overdone.
Here are some examples of the animation:
Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Niwa_Nagahide_%D0%B8_%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%81%D1%83%D0%B8_%D0%A1%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0_%D0%90%D0%BC%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8_%D0%9E%D0%B4%D1%8B_%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%83%D0%BD%D1%8B2
Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Oda29

Characters: 4/5
There are a lot of characters here but let us focus on the main ones:
Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW New+Picture+(13)

Sagara Yoshiharu : Is your main character. In my opinion, when your watching an anime, you don't want to hate the main character or else your enjoyment will be ruined. Saru (his nickname) is pretty much an enjoyable character you will not hate. He is funny and sometimes perverted but he is not annoying. This guy also has his loli brigade to serve him. He is also a big help for the Oda clan but is also taking risks by changing the coarse of history as his knowledge of events are being skewed,and when that happen he will be no of use. But, at least some things go right for him. He is nicknamed Saru(monkey) by Nobuna taken from his name Sa**** *******Ru.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Oda%20Nobuna%20no%20Yabou%2001-02

Oda Nobuna : She is the main heroine and the obvious girl version of Oda Nobunaga-the great unifier of Japan. Yes, she is a tsundere character but not an annoying  tsundere but a cute, pleasant one. I don't know if its just me but I find her armor cool and perfect for her character. When not in armor, she is wearing a coat with her bra showing. She is the strong leader character who usually saves the day.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Shibata.Katsuie.(Oda.Nobuna.No.Yabou).full.1119506
Shibata Katsuie: I think the first thing you would notice about Katsuie is her oppai...
no no I'm serious do you ever wondered if boobs can jiggle even with an armor? then in Oda Nobuna you'll see one. Even Yoshiharu's first impression of her is this-
Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Tumblr_m78w5kQbbY1rodyboo1_500
okay,okay I'll stop screwing up. Katsuie is a strong general of Nobuna not overpowered but really strong.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Oda-Nobuna-no-Yabou.Nagahide-Niwa-iPhone-4-wallpaper.640x960-2
Niwa Nagahide: She is an adviser of Nobuna and has a habit to give people "scores".

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Oda_nobuna_no_yabou
Inuchiyo: Saru's friend and a member of Yoshiharu's "loli brigade". She has a great skill in using spear.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW 1344205396818
Goemon: Goemon is  just cute and adorable. She is a ninja that serves and always protects Saru. She is not good in long sentences because she always bites her tongue.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Akechi,+Mitsuhide
Akechi Mitsuhide:  She is a brilliant tactician and strategist - although her strategies are renowned for their ruthlessness and cruelty. Originally a loyal and dutiful general of the Saitō clan, she later becomes one of Nobuna's most important generals after Dōsan Saitō, leader of the Saitō clan, allies himself with Nobuna. Due to her pride and ambition, Jubei wants nothing more than to be acknowledged by others, especially by Nobuna - who she admires very much.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW 177443
Takenaka Hanbei:She a highly intelligent strategist who serves Yoshiharu directly and, through serving him, serves Nobuna.

Enjoyment: 4/5
This anime is definitely enjoyable. Let me remind you, its not your boring,cliche and stereotypical harem series. You'll love how Saru acts when in battle and when he argues with Nobuna, the strategies used and the comedy. The comedy don't ruin the seriousness of the show and there is no unnecessary fanservice. This is not Code Geass nor a psychological anime but it keeps you wanting more of it.

Overall:   4/5
I will give it a four out of five. I hate it when people score an anime review like 4.8/5 or giving a score with a decimal. I don't know why but I think its stupid.
Oda Nobuna no Yabou (Ambition of Oda Nobuna) REVIEW Episode10
*deep breathe...hah(exhale)
anyway, back on the review, this anime is good and worthwhile to watch. It is not boring but its sad that it gets underrated and judged as a boring harem show. Why don't you check it out and leave a comment on your reaction because I'm curious how will people view this anime.

*I'm sorry if its a long review,  Wala lang talaga akong magawa, but its not that I have no life. Its August 21, I'm stuck in my house because of the strong rain here in Rizal (Bagyong Maring) hope you guys here in the Philippines can relate. Anyway,try to watch Oda nobuna to see it yourself if I'm just fanboying or just have nothing to do.

Next I thing I will be reviewing Date a Live. Thankyou and good day!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum