Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

What are your thoughts on School life anime?.

+13
Nightcore Uzumaki
Wolowizard
taka-chi
jap412storm
Wub
Ayato
chil_princess
Acropyre
PuroKishi
AMayasuki
Parel
Rawr
Mazinkaiser
17 posters
Go down
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Coins : 877
Warning Level : No Warning

What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  Empty What are your thoughts on School life anime?.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm
THIS IS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO WATCHES THESE TYPES OF SHOWS AND IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY OPINIONS DO NOT CONTINUE.
What is every ones opinion on this so called genre that the kids or teenagers of this generation have attached to. Do you Despise or love it and for what reasons?.
As you may see or guess i do not watch or enjoy such genre as, slice of life, ecchi, harems, reverse harems and not a overload of mediocre comedy. How ever this is just what i do not enjoy and if you guys enjoy it then keep doing so. However it does get quite tedious to look at these upcoming anime lists for this year when around 80% of them are what i do not enjoy. Another question how do you guys feel about the new and upcoming series its nice to hear someone else opinions and see a different view point.
And if any of you actually care about my opinion then continue.
The reason i do not enjoy the slice of life / school life genre are for simple reasons
im going to list these and make it a less tedious experience for the readers.
1. It is something i can do in real life when i watch anime i want to be immersed in something fantastic that i can't do in real life.
2. Its just watching kids goto school i did not like going to school so why would i watch someone else do it.
3. I am aware alot of older men or younger girls like the so called cuteness of the characters and the ecchi that is provided.
4. My ultimate reason why, and also im sorry if you get offended is that it seems this is the easiest and most least thought out anime genre meaning that it seems this genre is made as a quick buck in the last minute. I feel company's have gotten lazy and have given in to the generations preferences and standards of what is popular. For example 2000-2013 is the slice of life generation i suppose and the 1970s - 2000 was the mecha generation which i prefer but overall i feel that this slice of life genre is nothing but a quick buck for company's who want easy money with no effort and if you made it here. What is your take on this.
Rawr
Rawr
TNMAA VIP Member
TNMAA VIP Member
Coins : 3035
Member's Awards : What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  PGFw8zK

What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  Empty Re: What are your thoughts on School life anime?.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:13 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Well I'm a fan of the school life and slice of life genre and I do agree on your opinion that it's not fabulous as other genre's like action or fantasy, but as a fan of this genres I like it because I can simply relate to this genre, for me it's the genre that is closest to reality, no complications whatsoever. It's just nice to watch an anime show that is simple and easy going it's stress relieving for me.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  Empty Re: What are your thoughts on School life anime?.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 pm
Thanks for sharing your opinion and i do understand why people would want to watch something that relates to them.Its much like music in some ways. I love hearing other peoples opinions and seeing from different view points and i must admit that is one reason i forgot.
Parel
Parel
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 214

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:16 pm
I've watched way too many school based anime that I can't bare to watch another, but there are exceptions. I won't throw an awesome plot just because I didn't like the setting. as long as it's interesting, settings and other elements doesn't matter.
AMayasuki
AMayasuki
Dango Lover
Dango Lover
Coins : 45

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:04 am
Im not particularly looking for the setting of the anime. wether its school life, or fantasy/other world, if the story is worth watching... then there's no problem.

But I got to say, plenty of school life animes that I've watched seems pretty cute to me. Though its not close to the real "school life" that we have. but still... its entertaining.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:15 pm
I agree on the fact that if it has a good story it can be enjoyable but now it is at the point where they do not even try to make anything different even if it is school or not.
But the problem is even if they had a good story they don't anymore and it seems like a prime example of milking the cow for profit if you ask me.
PuroKishi
PuroKishi
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Coins : 21081
Membership : What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  TkKnDai
Member's Awards : What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  Ir2Zgf6
What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  PGFw8zK

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 pm
Well, I have this tendency to love such genres XD

Basically I'm a haremXschoolXecchiXComedy Fan. It really gets to a point where I don't care what the story or plot is, it's like I'm "Anime, entertain me" XD Something like that.

I really like it, specially slice of life parts, I really feel the story even if it's a little bit overboard. I like these type of Anime cause it's just short. Unlike Shounen anime that takes a lifetime to complete XD

Well that's that.
Parel
Parel
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 214

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 am
when I read school life in the description of a series, first thing comes to mind is mediocre and cliche.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:47 pm
Thank you for the opinion but not all shounen are mainstream like Naruto so try be more specific or people get the wrong idea.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 pm
Parel wrote:when I read school life in the description of a series, first thing comes to mind is mediocre and cliche.

You and me both sir
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 1400
Membership : What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  GDW1CCf

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 pm
I've said this before. I don't prefer a genre. I watch ANYTHING. ( You can recommend me whatever )
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:59 pm
Ehehe oh my that would take way to long for me to share all my favorites.
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 1400
Membership : What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  GDW1CCf

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:01 pm
Mazinkaiser wrote:Ehehe oh my that would take way to long for me to share all my favorites.

Give me 3 then.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:03 pm
If they were my favorite i would say obviously mazinkaiser and getter robo armageddon, or two non mecha would be sword of the stranger or afro samurai
chil_princess
chil_princess
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 3358

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:11 pm
school life anime is fine by my standards, co'z it makes our normal boring school lives cool
Ayato
Ayato
Promoter
Promoter
Coins : 11148

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:31 pm
Rminds me of my childhood days. XD
Wub
Wub
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Coins : 1200

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 am
Hmm I agree to your opinion for some reason but School Life and Slice of Life genre of anime is the genre that you can put yourself into it hence you can relate from the life that this character is up into it School life shows how determination is and also give an story between friends so we, teenagers are very like how this genre gives story to an anime ... well as far as I know the best School life anime I know is "Special A" and "Ouran Highschool Club".
jap412storm
jap412storm
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 30
Warning Level : 1st Warning

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:04 am
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about school life on anime. But as I watched anime. I do not choose whatever genre it is thus, the important for is I enjoyed watching it.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 am
gives story

What i am saying is that in my opinion none of these have story's to give
anyone can write a script about what happens at school and if you add panties and boobs into the mix it is even less of an effort sorry if my opinion offends you sir.
taka-chi
taka-chi
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Coins : 3202

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 pm
Each and everyone has a reason for watching anime. Mine would be for entertainment. I love those anime that has a rich plot but sometimes lighthearted themes are good for me :) They're the ones that I can watch to relieve stress since I don't have to absorb the content compared to richer plotted themes.

I don't mind cliches. I read a lot of shoujo manga and I still don't get tired of doing it.
Wolowizard
Wolowizard
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Warning Level : 3rd Warning

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:47 pm
Acropyre wrote:I've said this before. I don't prefer a genre. I watch ANYTHING. ( You can recommend me whatever )
likewise, if it's interesting I'll watch it and if not I won't waste my bandwidth and disk space for it.
Nightcore Uzumaki
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Coins : 1255
Member's Awards : What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  MIXC3qQ
What are your thoughts on School life anime?.  PGFw8zK

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:47 am
school life anime would be the best. !! theres the dumbass, the perv, the hottie, the geek, etc.. and to watch them all collide is great. !! its the most upnredictable thing ive ever seen.
Wolowizard
Wolowizard
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Warning Level : 3rd Warning

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 am
Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:school life anime would be the best. !! theres the dumbass, the perv, the hottie, the geek, etc.. and to watch them all collide is great. !! its the most upnredictable thing ive ever seen.
wacha talking about? they labeled school life as cliche because it's too damn predictable.
Mrblackangel192
Mrblackangel192
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 am
makulay at Masaya!
eraniichan
eraniichan
Straw Hat Pirate
Straw Hat Pirate
Coins : 6259

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 am
Wolowizard wrote:
Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:school life anime would be the best. !! theres the dumbass, the perv, the hottie, the geek, etc.. and to watch them all collide is great. !! its the most upnredictable thing ive ever seen.
wacha talking about? they labeled school life as cliche because it's too damn predictable.
lol @ this :))
Yeah its sort of predictable when you watched an anime with that genre. But like they said, the great thing about this kind of anime is where you can relate yourself to the characters/situations.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum