Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
emonzaemon
emonzaemon
Fairy Tail Mage
Fairy Tail Mage
Warning Level : No Warning

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Empty Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:27 am
"I live while eveyone dies. I have to shoulder all that, and survive." - Hibiki Kuze

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation is from the game Atlus produced(Nintendo DS), which brought us Persona 4 The Animation(PS2 console).

Most of the game nowadays that's been turned into an animation don't pan out. Wonder why? I seriously think you can't cramp a 30+ hour gameplay RPG on a mere 12 or even 24 episodes. But let me tell you something, Atlus did just "THAT"! They've crammed 30+ hour games into 13 episodes! But worry not my dear friend, this time, it actually panned out. Of course they didn't include minor details in the animation, but its still worth watching. Oh, and in the game, there's a lot of options/choices to choose from(typical SMT game).. And of course, at the game, you get to have your privy time with the supporting characters! Yatta! Oops, forgot I was making a review about the "animation". Sorry about that. Back to the main topic, the retelling of the story in the animation is a lot different from what's in the game. So even if you played the game, you can still enjoy a quite different story in the anime. Like I've said, they've cramped a lot of hours into 13 episodes, so expect a fast-paced story when watching this. Unexpected things which weren't common in the game is always present in the anime version, and that's what made the animation good.

Although there have been slight difference on telling the story, the main plot doesn't change from where the game has led to. So I can safely say that what came out of the animation is on par within the game's story.

The story doesn't quite drift away from most shounen shows nowadays, we have our Protagonist stuck with a difficult problem. It's about friendships, fighting monsters, conversations of hot guys, and finally, conversations with hot guys.

Martyrs, martyrs everywhere. That's what I've noticed on most of Devil Survivor 2's characters. It's not a bad thing though, definitely not a good thing either. But what can you do? The world's ending and you want to do something for the sake of your friends, that's not bad. But getting help from others is waaaaaaay better. Shouldering everything is pure heroic BS, that's why humans were made weak, so they can rely on other humans.

Hibiki Kuze, O Sparkling One! Why the hell do you look like a rabbit(just kidding)?!
The series is chuck full of bishounens and bishoujous(most of any series are.)! But the most crucial part and disturbing thing that destroys my whole mind, is that THERE ARE NO PETTANKO(s) at all! How could they do such a cruel thing?! Didn't they know that FLAT IS JUSTICE?! They said they're fighting for justice and humanity; but they're not FLAT, they're just flat out lying! Well, I knew it was coming anyway, since the game didn't have one either. Don't mind me, I was just ranting some BS.

Devil Survivor 2 is a good series. It's not that great though, but it's not that bad either. It had its up and downs as far as entertaining the viewers. There were episodes that didn't make any sense(if you didn't played the game or any SMT game, you wouldn't quite understand what's going on.), well that's the hard part cramming up a long game to an animation. Like I've said, many games that were animated didn't pan out. But Atlus does a fair job doing it. All in all, Devil Survivor 2 is a good watch(especially if you've played the game). Not that long, has action-packed scenes, has great art, not so complicated plot. Plus you get bonus Yaoi materials on it, so feed your inner fangirl within you.

Let's all survive! Oh yeah, we need some chawanmushis too!
- Copied from MAL account.
★Derplock☆Holmes
★Derplock☆Holmes
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 11232
Member's Awards : Devil Survivor 2 The Animation HGUQngJ

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Empty Re: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Tue May 27, 2014 3:48 am
To be honest I am kinda disappointed in this anime because I expected too much from it,
But I still watched it anyways as you've said it wasn't that bad and it wasn't so good.
grawl08
grawl08
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 8017

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:51 am
I have beaten the game myself twice (2 of the different endings) and i'm disappointed by it too. The story is very, very, very predictable and using too much clichés. There's no actual character development that you can sympathize at all (very bland characters). The manga of Devil Survivor 1 is a bit better than this. -_____-
genjuro07
genjuro07
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 7694

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:55 pm
To be honest i didn't enjoy the show same boring as persona 4 the golden animation.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum