Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
emonzaemon
emonzaemon
Fairy Tail Mage
Fairy Tail Mage
Warning Level : No Warning

Devil May Cry Empty Devil May Cry

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:55 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Badass half-human half-devil? That's Dante your talking about. Devil May Cry made its name first on games. Its really popular on game consoles, because a hack and slash game that's so detailed like DMC doesn't come quite often. And in 2007 they made an anime adaptation of it.

Story : 8
First of all, if you have no idea what Devil May Cry is. Its the name of a shop that Dante owns, a half-human half-devil who specializes on doing missions concerning devils. The story does not much differ from the game, Dante is still running his shop. But this time, he started helping a little girl named Patty. Who ends up staying at his shop. It doesn't really focus on Patty though. Every episode he completes different missions. The last two episodes are the longest mission he'll be doing.

Art : 8
Art was great, the series was aired in 2007. And I'd say that it has better art than most of the 2007's animes. Well they did use a lot of CG's on it, since it has quite a lot action scenes.

Character : 8
Dante is your badass devil hunter, he has two handy dandy guns named Ebony and Ivory. And the sword Rebellion, which Sparda his father gave him. I kinda hoped that more characters from the game were used. Too bad some of the more badass characters in the game weren't shown on the series. But! Two of the supporting characters at the game were shown, Lady and Trish. Lady is a human devil hunter like Dante, and Trish is Dante's old partner at the shop. And the new characters shown on the series were pretty quite good too. Patty is your resident loli maid that lives in the shop. She's too damn cute.

Music : 7
Not much to mention on music. The ending theme is quite good though. The opening theme is just instrumentals, I didn't bother listening to it though.

Enjoyment : 8
The series is short; so I quite enjoyed it myself, since I've been a fan of DMC ever since I've played it. If you loved the game, this definitely won't waste your time.

Overall : 8
Overall, the animation didn't quite hit like the game. But for me? It was worth my time, many games that were adapted to anime suck real bad. But DMC is quite OK for me though. I might be biased since I loved the game. But anyway, all in all you wouldn't enjoy this series if you haven't played any of the games. Since the series didn't bother telling who or what is Dante, and you surely want to know how DMC started. And its a must to know who Dante is, there's more to him than being a badass devil hunter. You'd love to know his history more. I highly recommend playing any DMC games or googling it if you don't have the time to play any of it. JACKPOT.
potek.21
potek.21
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Warning Level : 1st Warning

Devil May Cry Empty Re: Devil May Cry

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:39 am
I love the game version of this anime.. and I love this anime too :D
megane~oneesama
megane~oneesama
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator