Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 1400
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership : Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica GDW1CCf
Member's Awards : Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica PGFw8zK

Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Empty Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:44 pm
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica 28483

Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Aired: Jan 7, 2011 to Apr 22, 2011
Producers: Aniplex, Shaft, Mainichi Broadcasting, Movic, Nitroplus, Aniplex of AmericaL, Madoka Partners, Hobunsha
Genres: Drama, Magic, Psychological, Thriller
Duration: 24 min. per episode
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

Without a doubt, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ( or MSMM ) is one of the best deconstruction anime ever made.What makes this anime a masterpiece is the perfect portrayal of Urobochi Gen's nihilistic views but at the same time giving the viewers principles of friendship, love, and sacrifices. What made this anime so popular is because of its deep symbolism for reality such as: the heavy prices of miracles and the darkest truth in a seemingly harmless concept.

The story seemed like how the characters react and decide from the short arcs of revelation and truth about the concept of being Magical Girls. While at their edge of their seats, the viewers can not help but accept this since these are the key factors that drives the plot forwards. The execution of this is very well mannered and balanced: not enough to keep you interested but not too much for you to get bored. The series ended with a blast that kept me awed for weeks from the raw amazement of it.

All of the character development was mostly geared towards our main character Madoka. To elaborate, the development that happens in all characters were reflected through Madoka's action and decision making which in turn also her own character development.

Shaft animated this, so you will see a lot of the studio's classic references. For instance, the infamous Shaft's peculiar animation and coloring. Shaft , in their anime, will always produce an artistic world. Due to this approach, it is either love or hate in terms of animation.

Music plays an important role in this anime. ClariS , well known for its catchy rhythm and beat, sang the opening with hopes to get unsuspecting viewers off guard. Honestly, it got me too. How can they play a song like that in this dark themed anime ? I still question about that myself. The ending theme song is marvelous. It depicted the anime's true colors. From the magical girl transformation theme songs to classical song references such as The Girl with the Flaxen Hair by Debussy, the Ave Maria, and the voice actresses, MSMM Soundtrack/music is not to be underestimated.

I did enjoyed the series. I learned a lot of lessons from this anime. I recommend this to beginning otakus who just started, otaku veterans who thrive in the philosophical, and casual who just likes to watch anime. Perfect for the people who enjoys dark-themed anime. One of the best anime I've watched.
Roannechii
Roannechii
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 2117

Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Empty Re: Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:33 am
That is quite exactly what my friend is telling me about this anime too. Hmm...
The review is simple yet so good, I really think people who reads your reviews will definitely watch the anime you are reviewing.

Two thumbs up, Brethren. :ttu:
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator

Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Empty Re: Anime Review: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:49 am
- Hitagi Senjougahara wrote:That is quite exactly what my friend is telling me about this anime too. Hmm...
The review is simple yet so good, I really think people who reads your reviews will definitely watch the anime you are reviewing.

Two thumbs up, Brethren. :ttu:

Or at least, plant the idea to watch it

I'll try to do a review that wasn't done hastily this time.

grawl08
grawl08
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 8017

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:47 am
The very reason why i love dark-themed animes. coz it shows the contradiction between realism and idealism (in a very harsh manner).

after watching this, i guess Boogiepop Phantom dropped from 1st place to 2nd place in my most favorite Dark-themed anime list. lol.

IMO this anime is one of the masterpieces in anime history.

PS: i think there will be a second season of this.
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 am
grawl08 wrote:The very reason why i love dark-themed animes. coz it shows the contradiction between realism and idealism (in a very harsh manner).

after watching this, i guess Boogiepop Phantom dropped from 1st place to 2nd place in my most favorite Dark-themed anime list. lol.

IMO this anime is one of the masterpieces in anime history.

PS: i think there will be a second season of this.

They were discussing about a second season.

But they are definitely going to have to include new material for the third movie. I've seen the two movies + the preview of the third.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum