Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
Cilan G.
Cilan G.
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 2885
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards : Deists URK4wDE

Deists Empty Deists

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:34 am
Now, before you go -- "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH SHIZ. ANOTHER NONBELIEVER. EEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIL. PURE AND VIIILE EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL" just because we deists do not really accept the concepts of religion...

go get your arse and read articles about deism...
but if your too lazy for that:

The word "Deism" is derived from the Latin word for God: "Deus."

Deism is a natural religion. Deists believe in the existence of God, on purely rational grounds, without any reliance on revealed religion or religious authority or holy text. Because of this, Deism is quite different from religions like Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The latter are based on revelations from God to prophet(s) who then taught it to humans. We like to call natural religions by the title "bottom-up" faiths and revealed religions as "top-down."

The opposite of Deism is Atheism -- the lack of a belief in god(s).

http://www.religioustolerance.org/deism.htm

see? Deists do believe in God Almighty, but don't at the same time...

if you don't get what I mean,
as you can see around you, there is life.. the world is brimming with life (though you could say almost dying but that's another issue that I am willing to discuss in another time)
that is evidence in itself that there is a creator...deists agree with that, but don't agree with the image of the Heavenly God that has been painted by many churches of different religions.. as you can see, even I don't really get it's logic -- it's kinda hard to explain but think of it yourselves.

What makes me sad is that people are too narrow-minded to get this..
well you don't need to embrace it, but somehow it's enough that people will accept the fact that some people are too skeptic to believe in something that is not pure as you think it is. (don't ask, i have my reasons.)

also, i want to clear up that there are some deists that believe that the creator has abandoned this creation of his for something greater.. no that isn't what most of the modern deists believe, but i am in no ground to say so i'll only clear up what i believe and it is that after the creation, our creator has been observing what he has created.. ask if you are confused. and also you are free to ask other questions..just not stupid ones, please.

well, what do you think about deism?

and if you think this is stupid...well, whatever. i'm just 15 anyway. xD
Bermuda Triangle
Bermuda Triangle
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 19095
Warning Level : 3rd Warning
Deists HGUQngJ
Deists PGFw8zK

Deists Empty Re: Deists

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 am
I believe in God, but why do people know the image of heaven? Image of Christ? Image of angels? Those are what bothers me the most. I'm not saying I don't believe in God, but... Pano? Pano mo nalalaman ang muka ni Christ? lol.. stupid ako. xD (lagi ko 'tong tinatanung kay nanay nung bata ako. :p)

Anyways.. I can't say if I'm Deists. I'm still immature. :3
Cilan G.
Cilan G.
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:14 am
Narukami wrote:I believe in God, but why do people know the image of heaven? Image of Christ? Image of angels? Those are what bothers me the most. I'm not saying I don't believe in God, but... Pano? Pano mo nalalaman ang muka ni Christ? lol.. stupid ako. xD (lagi ko 'tong tinatanung kay nanay nung bata ako. :p)

Anyways.. I can't say if I'm Deists. I'm still immature. :3

well, there comes a time when we realize where our beliefs stand.. just listen to what you really think and pay more attention to that teeny-tiny voice in your head and don't blindly follow people who say things you know for yourself that you should be skeptic about.
Well, i truly believe that there is a creator not because of what others say, but because of my personal experiences and the way my logic goes c:

so yeah XD
Rawr
Rawr
TNMAA VIP Member
TNMAA VIP Member
Coins : 3035
Member's Awards : Deists PGFw8zK

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:02 am
This is the first time that I have heard this kind of belief.

I am a roman catholic and I stand on my religions' beliefs and practices, knowing that this kind of belief exist I think it deserves respect among us who do not believe in what they believe regarding God or Jesus Christ.I believe that there is only one God-our creator it just that in every religion we call our creator different names.
Cilan G.
Cilan G.
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 am
Well, deism started in the Age of Enlightenment, i think...
but at those times, a lot of territories forced it's inhabitants to believe in a sole religion, and at that time was Christianity.. so yeah, you can guess what happened there.
And actually a lot of famous people were deists: Descartes, Franklin, Washington, Newton, Watt, and Rizal.

edit: i did some research and i was wrong: deism came out to be known since the Age of Reason which is a century older than the Age of Enlightenment. close enough, i guess XD
Xzer04X
Xzer04X
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 13169

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 pm
So Deism is a religion that's more Theodicy than Theology?

I admit this is also the first time I've heard of this but I guess it's nothing to be surprised about. Practically everyone use rationality as a basis as to whether certain unfathomable things existed or need to be believed in, and in my case, that includes the aspect of religion and God itself. So at some point, I guess also a self-proclaiming Deist as well.

Anyway, the bottom line of both religions are the same. They believe in a God, though the process and reason may differ, it's still the same nonetheless.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum