Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom

+11
Drem ♚
ArmoredMochi
vanillaikanamii
kitewashere
DarkLord Kirra
Ztyx
RianEl_LewreJ
Acropyre
grawl08
- Hespera
Mazinkaiser
15 posters
Go down
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Coins : 877
Warning Level : No Warning

Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom Empty Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:27 pm
(WARNING LARGE AMOUNT OF READING REQUIRED+ BASIC READING SKILLS).Just as the title says. i just want to chat about why i don't watch new anime as much as i used to
and my opinions on what i think should change.
Anime has been around for a very long time and it helps us have fun and make friends and join online community's like this one, but recently anime has been in my words downgrading and i will tell you why.I barely watch new anime as much as i used to and the reasons would be well the overall unoriginality and milking of the same generic genres with no new elements or anything new to make it stand out at all amongst others of its kind. Every genre is guilty of this but it seems to happen more often in the past 6 years if anything.
When i sat through a school life / comedy series recently (which by the way im not much of a fan of at all) to compare to another type of anime from the same genre in the same year, i tried to find differences and reasons why
people would enjoy it but i felt as if i was watching the exact same series everytime with very minor changes.
It has also gone for some mecha series i have seen you have your whiny typical main character forced into a powerful mecha and forced to fight with his newfound power, now i know mecha isn't supposed to be a really story driven genre either but seriously the only thing different was the mecha itself even the characters and pilots had boring unoriginal personalities that were exactly the same.
Anime is downgrading because most animation production company s / studios are to scared to try anything new and different since the younger generation seems to watch mostly ecchi and school and comedy, that is all we will see and all we will get even if the animation quality is bad or not they know most wont notice or care so they just go right on making the same thing like always knowing it will be a hit with all the really young people who watch anime.
Anime nowadays is simply a copy, paste procedure for a quick buck

and that's all it will be the way things seem to be carrying on. (Anyhow you listened to me ramble for half an hour if anyone wants to express their opinion id love to hear it also).
- Hespera
- Hespera
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 21882
Member's Awards : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom 745GASw
Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom LPwZS8o
Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom PGFw8zK

Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom Empty Re: Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom

Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 pm
Topic Moved: From Members Chit Chat
grawl08
grawl08
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 8017

Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom Empty Re: Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:13 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Anime nowadays is simply a copy, paste procedure for a quick buck
I agree with you sir.
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 1400
Membership : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom GDW1CCf
Member's Awards : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom PGFw8zK

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:27 pm
Why do you think new anime sucks when you're not up to date with them ?

I don't really think new anime is getting crappy and I've seen a ton of new anime. I'm also up to date with new anime.

Sometimes there's just crappy ones and gems.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Ah but..... sir acro i do keep up but those gems lessen and lessen every year and that's what i mean. Sure there have been good series from 2007-2011 etc but other than the attack on titan series this year, its just like last year well people with strict taste and actual taste at all will notice this. But what im saying is there was alot more gems being made in the old days but now your lucky to catch 3-4 series that catch your eye maybe less.
grawl08
grawl08
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 8017

Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 pm
Most of the animes this age started to be very interesting but as the story goes by, it keeps on being dull. Some animes that have been taken from mangas, visual novels or light novels are forced to have a fast progress, which turns out to be a complete mess.

I really agree with Mazinkaiser. If I may refer to an episode of OreImo. Some studios or tv companies use the pretext "We want your novel to have an anime adaptation" to hide their real intention: "We don't have shows to air anymore. Our sales will drop if we don't find a replacement for the previous one."

yeah. something like that.
Acropyre
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Coins : 1400
Membership : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom GDW1CCf
Member's Awards : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom PGFw8zK

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:13 pm
I must say they are some truth in some of your words. With the exception of all the sequels in this Fall 2013, I only found at least 1 show worth watching.
RianEl_LewreJ
RianEl_LewreJ
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder
Coins : 3182
Warning Level : 1st Warning

Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:19 pm
Well, Sometimes, it really depends on what kind of taste the person has. But I agree to you sir, Mazinkaiser, your words ring true if you are to review every episode and every anime this and for the past season.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:04 am
Well lets be real here. I rate my anime on at least 4 figures, animation, character design,genre and sometimes story.
and i only need about 2 episodes of each to grasp what the animation and frames will be most likely through the entire show. And the character design to which i mean if it has bad drawing which most people will think is good this gen but really its not that great , but what i mean by character design is that i would love for them not to be giant eyed whiny kids.Story is self explanatory and genre,and genre is my opinion so that's my opinion that goes into this factor.The topic relates to people with the same likes as me or around, and if you like the majority of anime coming out then cool im happy you are not as confined to certain things as i am.
But i am talking about people with strict expectations or a little less strict when they look for new anime to watch.
Ztyx
Ztyx
Dango Lover
Dango Lover
Warning Level : 2nd Warning

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:13 am
i agree most of it was rip off, crap and just fanservice anime. Well some of new animes are worth to watch.
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:15 am
Its good if you like that kind of genre and anime but yeah people with stricter tastes find it rather unfortunate.
DarkLord Kirra
DarkLord Kirra
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 4445

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:34 am
I think nothing in this world is original...because anything that you do or make, someone has already done it before. You can't just pull an "original" idea out of your ass without consenting any ideas from somewhere. Same thing in every literature, movies and anime. You can't just say "Hey, this anime looks like a rip-off of this one bcoz it had the same premise..." , "This one has a same setting as this one that really sucked so I think it definitely will suck too..." etc etc. That's why you think some anime are just like a carbon copy of some shows...or...just a huge rip-off.

It's really all about how they present the premise. Even though they reuse the same setting if they do it right, and as long as I enjoyed it then it's great! I'll consider it as a "gem" :)

Aaaand it'd be really a huge pain in the ass if you only choose an anime to watch solely of its originality in terms of premise...or plot. I'll guarantee you, you'll found nothing, nothing at all. (Except Naruto---coz Naruto is da best animu evah! *insert genius meme pic here*)

To me, seriously speaking, Anime isn't hitting rock bottom yet because there's still a lot of space for development, albeit little. It's evolving everyday. Just look at how the animation, the quality (I'm a Sakuga fan btw).

My only concern is on the fanservice. :(

Spoiler:
kitewashere
kitewashere
Promoter
Promoter
Coins : 9410
Member's Awards : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom Yg0oxTZ

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:32 pm
Mazinkaiser wrote:Anime nowadays is simply a copy, paste procedure for a quick buck
I noticed that too. Some anime these days were cliche, having the same concepts/stories. They only differ in characters, setting, and title. But it doesn't mean that new anime are crappy ones. Well, some of it are crappy, but not all of it. Only few new series are worth watching.
vanillaikanamii
vanillaikanamii
TNMAA VIP Member
TNMAA VIP Member
Coins : 5656
Member's Awards : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom Yg0oxTZ
Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom MIXC3qQ
Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom PGFw8zK

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:56 pm
yeah, i know what you feel. recently di rin na sila nagrerelease ng Seinen/Action/Mystery/psychological. Medyo nakakaumay na kasi yung ecchi/comedy and recycled plots eh. Sana Bumalik ulit yung era na puro mapapaisip ka sa anime with incredible twist like darker than black, black lagoon, trinity blood and etc...
ArmoredMochi
ArmoredMochi
GFX Staff
GFX Staff
Coins : 516
Membership : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom 89eyczS

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:37 am
Yeah i agree with you. nowadays kasi .. swertehan nlng tlga kung may mapisil kang anime na susubaybayan mo till the end. hindi yung tipong halos same sa story sa mga naunang anime which is nkakawalang ganang panuorin. But hindi pa naman cguro huli ang lahat .. pero tlgang nakakamiss lang ung mga anime na may unique plot na yung tipong tlgang aabangan mo bawat susunod na episode.
Drem ♚
Drem ♚
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:37 am
Agreed. Madami na ngayon moe characters,harem and highschool romance anime, compare before mga iconic at mga badass yung tipong napapanuod mo tumataas balahibo mo ngayon madalang na lang yung ganun.  :nah 
Splurkey
Splurkey
Death Note Holder
Death Note Holder

Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:06 pm
Natural lang talaga mangyari to, kasi yung mga Anime dumadami hindi kumukonti. Kahit ilang ulit pa nilang gumawa ng bago, habang tumatakbo ang panahon may magagawa rin ang ibang kumpanya na parang kinopya. Correct me if i'm wrong?

At yung mecha thingy, They just make those based on the writers imaginations. It's like "what if" i make these things possible in Anime, it also help the community, it can give them ideas and new discoveries. Since sa Anime madali lng gumawa ng mga unreal/impossible na events (Fantasy).
cheesewax
cheesewax
Dango Lover
Dango Lover
Coins : 36

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:04 pm
I agree to this. Cute ang moe pero masama ang sobra sobra sobra. Every season, out of 10 anime titles, I only watch 2 or 3.
souLinker
souLinker
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Coins : 3403
Warning Level : You are BANNED!
Member's Awards : Why i think new anime is hitting rock bottom IfEssuL

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:18 am
Topic Moved: Anime Discussion to Member's Chit Chat
SacredEdge
SacredEdge
TNMAA VIP Member
TNMAA VIP Member
Coins : 8160

Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 pm
same case here.. Thats the main reason why i'm still a bit outdated in recent anime released lately..

My concern:
•Too much Fansevice
•Too much moe/Big Bewbies with NO PLOT AT ALL!
•Too much mainstreamed Clichè..
•Somehow a copy paste of other classics
•Too much whiny *ssed protagonist..
•(IMO)Some Anime Gem is Either a Hit and Miss..
•Sometimes stick to the mainstream anime..
•(IMO) The DERE thing needs to tone down a bit.. Its getting predictable..
•Harem...
•(IMO)Main Badass protagonists is no more ._. We'll only stick to Twilight-ish Protagonist...

Thats my only concerns..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum