Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
emonzaemon
emonzaemon
Fairy Tail Mage
Fairy Tail Mage
Warning Level : No Warning

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui![review] Empty Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui![review]

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:11 pm
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! or simply Wata Mote, is your not-so-typical weird show. The story centers at Kuroki Tomoko, a gloomy-looking girl who happens to be an introvert. She'd be your typical hikkikomori(shut-in) if she doesn't go to school, a loner in short. There's no certain plot to follow on Wata Mote. The series is purely comedy. We follow Tomoki's life as she tries to tread the path on becoming popular, and we laugh as she fails.

I've mentioned in my past reviews that music is always crucial in a series(for me of course). Wata Mote has some amusing OST's in it. There were 4 ending themes for it and 1 solid opening theme. Natsuri Matsuri was done by your most popular "vocaloid" Hatsune Miku, I've never been a fan of her, but Natsuri Matsuri is quite good.

All of the characters in Wata Mote are normal. Well, not for Tomoki. Would you watch the series if she's normal? 'Course not! She's one of the gloomiest characters I've ever seen. Some characters were made to look cool and flashy, but for Tomoko? Definitely not the case. They've put total effort into making her an ugly otaku gir(although she can still be cute at times, even though its only in her delusions.). Her fantasies(delusions) could be easily turned into their own series. The attention and detail they put on it are fantastic. But her optimism is on the highest level. If all this things happened to me? Heck, I wouldn't think twice slitting my neck to end it all. Two of the most popular seiyuus are here too, even though they're just supporting acts. Its Kugimiya Rie(who didn't have much airtime T.T) and Hanazawa Kana.

Even though watamote is your "weird" type of series, it can be pretty funny and some few scenes were quite actually heartfelt. Aren't the weird types always get the masses? Although some might raise their eyebrows on watamote, I don't care. S'long as I enjoy a series and it pleases me? I don't give a **** if someone call what I watch ****. I've long accepted the fact "you can never please everyone.".

Of course this really can't happen in real life, but similar events like this did happen in someone's life. Bottomline is, watamote is centered to make its viewers laugh. If you didn't laugh after watching a couple of episodes, I suggest you drop it. It means you don't like its humor, its ok, you can hate its producers and creators. Its not like they give a **** about every one of their viewers. But really, after watching a couple of episodes of Wata Mote and it didn't even make any sense to you, drop it. Or worse, add an insult if your friend asks you about it. Viewer's discretion is totally adviced on watching watamote. You'll be surprised how powerful Tomoki's delusions are. Its definitely not for the faint-hearted, but extremely funny(for my 'effin self).

And for me, watamote really shows how a mind of a loner can be. They'd have the weirdest fantasies you could ever imagine. Shows how frail the human mind is. And it really shows that being alone is not cool? So for the kids out there who wants to be alone and thinks that being one is cool. Bullshit. I've experienced being an introvert when I was a kid, trust me, its not even one bit cool. Being left alone while everyone is having fun is not cool, at all. My mom had to consult a psychotherapist just to cure me. And now, I'm proud to say that I have friends, even though most of them are "internet friends". Well, everyone has their own pace, some guys really are meant to be alone, and some guys are perfect in a group. Its for you to know which group you belong. 'Kay, let's end my review here, before I retell my whole life.

(Overall Score : 8)
★Derplock☆Holmes
★Derplock☆Holmes
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Coins : 11232
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards : Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui![review] HGUQngJ

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui![review] Empty Re: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui![review]

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:34 pm
IMO Watamote is kinda underrated probably because of the unique "weird" storyline it has.
But it has it good sides especially the final episodes gave me alot of motivation for my life~
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum