Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
Ixsei_DXD
Ixsei_DXD
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Coins : 3872
Warning Level : No Warning

DATE A LIVE REVIEW Empty DATE A LIVE REVIEW

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
DATE A LIVE REVIEW 44844l
DATE A LIVE ANIME REVIEW

Date a live is Japanese light novel by Koshi Tachibana and the anime adaptation was aired on TV from April 6 to June 22,2013.

GENRE : Harem, Romantic comedy, Sci-fi, Supernatural

If you ask me to describe Date a Live in one sentence I would say "It is like TWGOK but its not." People always compare this to TWGOK because of the concept on each anime that the main character needs to date the heroines of the story. But its not a ripoff of TWGOK because it has its own unique setting and theme.

Plot: Thirty years ago a strange phenomenon called a "spacequake" devastated the center of Eurasia, claiming the lives of at least 150 million people. Since then, smaller spacequakes plague the world on an irregular basis. Shido Itsuka, a seemingly ordinary high schooler comes across a mysterious girl at the ground zero of a spacequake and learns from his sister Kotori she is one of the "Spirits" who are the real cause of the spacequakes that occur when they manifest themselves in the world. He also learns that Kotori is the commander of the airship Fraxinus, crewed by the organization Ratatoskr, and is recruited to make use of his mysterious ability to seal the Spirits' powers thus stopping them from being a threat to mankind. However, there is a catch: to seal a Spirit's power, he must make her fall in love with him and kiss her.

Story : 3/5
Date a live is somewhat a generic cliche harem anime with supernatural and sci-fi aspects thrown to it. The story is simple, Itsuka Shidou has the power to seal the spirits' power so that they will not cause another spacequake,which kills many people, and to save the spirits. When I was watching this anime, I feel that this is a dating sim game because Shidou is just capturing "flags" one by one. After he conquer the heart of one heroine, he moves to the other which annoys me because he sometimes disregards the other female character who needs his attention like what he did to Tokha. But even though I may sound harsh, watching Date a Live is actually fun because I waited every week to watch a single episode of Date a live when it was airing.

Music : 3/5
The music is okay,and its not too good to be complimented. What just catches my attention is the opening theme, Date a Live by sweet arms. It perfectly fits to the theme of the anime and its pretty cool.

Animation: 4/5
The animation is well done,of coarse because it is a 2013 anime it should be in good quality.

Characters : 3/5
The characters are bit generic but they are pretty decent

Itsuka Shidou : The MC, he has the power to seal the power of the spirit in his body by a kiss, however it will only work if the spirit holds enough trust and affection to him. He is a pretty decent harem lead however I hate him when he screams like the shitty butterfly from Sword art online because they scream like a fifteen-year old girl. He is funny to watch while he was dating the girls because he has an earphone and the people from a certain organization related to the spirits which is led by his sister coaches him on what to do. He also often practice using dating sim games.

Tokha : She is the first spirit saved by Shidou and was also named by him. In the beginning, she appears in her Astral Dress, firm and dignified, like a noble person. At first, she is skeptical and hostile towards Shido because when Tohka first appeared in Earth, she as attacked by AST. However, after Shido makes her fall in love with him, Tohka's personality somewhat changes into that of a loyal puppy. Her Angel(weapon) is called Sandalphon which is in a form of boardsword, but usually even without it, she can inflict quite a damage. Tokha may be like a "meh" generic character, she is cute and totally not annoying.

Kotori : Kirino ,oh sorry Kotori is Shidou's sister whose not REALLY his sister *wink *wink. She is a human who gained the power of a spirit when they were kids. She is a loli character with twin tails and often has chupa chups in her mouth.  She displays two very different characters, bordering on split personality. When she wears white ribbons in her hair, she is completely relaxed and peaceful and shows an immature, spoiled character that's always clinging to her brother. When on the Fraxinus or dealing with major situations, she switches to black ribbons taking on an arrogant, superior attitude to everyone including Shido, but nevertheless still cares deeply for him as shown on many occasions. This difference in character is revealed in volume 4 to be due to Shido giving her black ribbons as a present for her ninth birthday after sealing her powers, and telling her to be strong as long as she wears them. Her angel is Camael, which has the power attribute of fire.

Origami: Is the most intelligent,athletic and "beutiful" girl in Shidou's school. She has a doll-like appearance and often stalks Shidou. She have a deep hatred towards the spirits due to her trauma, causing her to join the AST,an organization of girls in "Infinite Stratos suits" fighting spirits.

Yoshino: A loli character, she is the second spirit saved by Shidou. Yoshino is the most nonaggressive Spirit that even when she is attacked by AST, she won't fight back. She is shy and VERY shy. Yoshinon is a rabbit hand puppet that Yoshino has on her left hand. Yoshino says that Yoshinon is her "ideal"; Yoshinon is complete opposite of Yoshino as in personality, which is why Yoshino admires this little puppet.
Her angel is Zadkiel, a giant rabbit which has the power of ice.

Kurumi : I think Kurumi is the most famous spirit in Date a Live. She is damn seductive and is really attractive because of her red gothic lolita dress. She is the most brutal spirit killing over 10,000 humans and is called "nightmare". Her angel is Zakfiel which has the power of time and its pretty cool. She may be the most brutal spirit but I personally like her,I don't know why, but I like her to be saved by Shidou.

Enjoyment : 3/5
Even though Date a live is somewhat generic its still good to watch and its one of the top anime of spring 2013. Of,coarse it has fanservice, because harem anime won't survive without that.

Overall : 3/5
It may be a low score but I'm not saying its bad. Date a Live is one of my favorites and it is a good show but I can't score it high because there are many critics and I admit it is a generic harem anime. Overall, watching date a live is enjoyable most if you watch it for mindless fun and not as a critic and a hater.

*Additional information for Date A Live fans!
The second season of date a live is green lit meaning it would have a sure second season!YAY! I was also surprised because it was just a new release last spring but I guarantee the second season of Date A Live.
DATE A LIVE REVIEW Date_a_live_season_2___shido_by_xx_blacky_xx-d6h8a52

I'm not joking, here is the source : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-21/date-a-live-anime-gets-2nd-season

Thankyou in advance and here is Kurumi for you!
DATE A LIVE REVIEW Kurumi_tokisaki___bd_version_by_kazenokaze-d65gmo4
rhainepoh
rhainepoh
Shinigami Badge Holder
Shinigami Badge Holder
Warning Level : No Warning

DATE A LIVE REVIEW Empty Re: DATE A LIVE REVIEW

Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:25 pm
salamat sa info :D
potek.21
potek.21
Dragon Balls Collector