Tambayan ng mga Anime Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime

Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 8
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 7
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
5% / 4
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 10
Gangsta.
14% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
2% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
2% / 2
Charlotte
28% / 24
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
2% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 16
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
Say PRESENT in a dead forumTue Dec 26, 2023 1:31 pmRayzer
HisashiburiTue Dec 26, 2023 1:07 pmRayzer
Arrow threadThu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 amRekii
Dear SomeoneThu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 amloliprogram
Shout out / Wall 2Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 amloliprogram
AttendanceThu Apr 06, 2023 4:48 pmgreencandle
Web Re-MakeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pmJEM
Wala na finish na.Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pmAko Cee Jae Sun
Hi! May the fairy dust brings goodluck to anyoneSun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pmgreencandle
What is the most tiring thing to do?Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 amgreencandle
Last Letter First LetterTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pmKuletXCore
Give Number a first name.Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Age of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 9:00 pmKuletXCore
Guess the Gender of the Next PosterTue May 07, 2019 8:59 pmKuletXCore
Donate
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
-Sanji
-Sanji
Dango Lover
Dango Lover
Coins : 951
Warning Level : You are BANNED!
Membership : One Piece Episode 716 [Review] TkKnDai

One Piece Episode 716 [Review] Empty One Piece Episode 716 [Review]

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:13 am
One Piece Episode 716 [Review]

Hey, sorry for this being SO late but just like Muhammad Sayyam, I've had a horrible flu for a good 6 days and I have been recovering so I will just do these two chapters in a row. Enjoy!

So lately One Piece has had a lot of postponing and cancelling. I'm not sure why but I really don't mind. Sure, I want a daily dose of One Piece as much as the next guy (Probably a little more) but Oda-sensei has been doing this for a looooooonng time so I think he is allowed to slow it down a little bit. If he needs to rest so be it. I think he deserves a good rest every now and then. But anyway, on to the chapter!

So chapter 716 was in my opinion, WAY BETTER than chapter 715. I think than in the way of portraying the story through some of the more minor characters, it was very well done and it moved along the story smoothly from about 40 people left in the arena to only 2.

One Piece Episode 716 [Review] 04

I thought that the funk brother's power was pretty cool and hasn't been like any we have seen so far. Normally, the devil fruit powers are individualized, but the Jake Jake no mi seems to need another person to strengthen the user. But other than the unique power, I was a little disappointed at the fact that they gotten beaten so easily. I mean, don't get me wrong. I knew that they didn't have a whole lot of time left in this arena fight but I hope that they will make another appearance after this fight has decided a victor.

One Piece Episode 716 [Review] 10

This is just something that I want to mention. Personally, I really miss Buggy and want to see him back. I think that the dialogue he has between Luffy really makes reading and watching a lot more fun. So now that he is a Warlord, I can't wait to see him back in action as the "Clown Star." So getting back to the chapter, I like how during the entire conversation between Luffy and Jean, Jean is chucking **** at Luffy but he's literally dodging every single one! But the actual conversation that went on really intrigued me. Apparently Jean knows the locations of all of the "main escape group" and wants to hunt them down and take the bounties for himself. But, unfortunately he won't be doing that any time soon. It's probably a 6 month recovery for when Chinjao literally ripped him a new one. Just like the funk brothers, I was hoping for something more intense, but I guess his character had fulfilled it's purpose.  Something else I would like to point out is that Jean hinted at the other level 6 prisoners who escaped along with Luffy. Luffy apparently didn't know this so I think this is foreshadowing for possible enemies, friends, or crew members in the future. Either way, it's just food for thought.

One Piece Episode 716 [Review] 14

So I just have to make something clear. Chinjao is super badass. I thought his head butts were strong before, but this dude and really pack a punch. With just one, he sent Jean three feet into the wall. But after all of this griping and revenge swearing. We figure out why Chinjao is so freakin' mad at Luffy's family in general. So, apparently when Garp was a young, spry lad, he took Chinjao's treasure, strength, and what I'm guessing are memories. I'm thinking that since Garp is (was) a marine, after capturing Chinjao, he confiscated all of his treasure. Or, maybe, just maybe, the treasure he was talking about was... Well, whatever it was it must of been pretty important considering how mad Don is. Garp also must have defeated Don, severely injuring him in the process, which could have diminished his fighting ability significantly. And the memories must of been from smashing his head one too many times (The splitting of the continent maybe?). But he is after Luffy with a vengeance.

One Piece Episode 716 [Review] 15
One Piece Episode 716 [Review] 16-17

So now that we have established the fact that both of them are hosses, we can get on to the REAL fight. Like I have previously stated in my review before. Some characters, strong as they might first appear, are actually stepping stone characters. They literally were in the way so Luffy and Don simple "moved" them. But that was the perfect way to do it. I was happy to see that they both at the moment seem evenly matched and we see how physically developed Luffy is in terms of holding his own during a strength contest with a 500 million man, even though he might be weaker now than when he was in his youth.

Once again, I was blown away by the complexity of this chapter and the fact that it moved along the story nicely, though I think that we aren't going to see Luffy for a while after this. Something that disappointed me in this chapter was the fact that after all that hype. The Funk brothers basically got tanked by Sai who in the end got trained by Luffy. I just felt like the way the Oda-sensei ended the last chapter was that they were at least going to make it to the final three or something. But I guess they didn't bring enough Funk to the party that Luffy and Don were throwing. I hope to see more of the Law incident and Usopp's "situation" even more so. But, all we can do is wait, because things are looking up for Luffy, they're only two left. Will Oda-sensei give out hero the win, or will he throw us a curveball like he does so often? Until next time!  

Read more: http://www.opheaven.com/#ixzz2bQydlOhO ^_^
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum