Always visit: www.tnmaa.net
Buy Items for your Accounts: Forum Shop
Download Anime- CLICK HERE
Chit-Chat with your fellow Otaku: TNMAA CHATBOX
Log in
Discord
TNMAA Facebook Connect

Featured Anime


Poll
Anime of the Month (November 2015)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
9% / 7
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
8% / 6
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
4% / 3
Himouto! Umaru-chan
11% / 9
Gangsta.
15% / 12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
3% / 2
Rokka no Yuusha
3% / 2
Charlotte
29% / 23
Shimoneta no Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
3% / 2
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi Nite Kaku Tatakaeri
18% / 14
Top posting users this month
3 Posts - 38%
3 Posts - 38%
2 Posts - 25%
Latest topics
KAMISSFri May 18, 2018 1:56 amEmpress
Hi again... :)Fri May 18, 2018 1:55 amEmpress
I'm back Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 amawooooooooO
Pokémon GO!Thu May 10, 2018 4:40 pmDevilCross
Shout out / Wall 2Thu May 10, 2018 4:35 pmDevilCross
Who's crazy for BNHAMon Apr 30, 2018 1:46 amPewPewPew
True or FalseMon Apr 16, 2018 4:38 amHecathe Noctis
Dear SomeoneSat Apr 07, 2018 11:31 amHecathe Noctis
I want to...Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:24 amHecathe Noctis
Donate
Top posting users this week

Share
Go down
avatar
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Posts : 147
Points : 45194
Coins : 877
Join date : 2013-02-27
Warning Level : No Warning

Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:27 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

OK indeed this is part 2 but will be explained in greater detail so i can get it into the heads of those who oppose this.

First of all lets define what a cartoon is shall we.
1. It is 2d.                                                                                   Can mean hand drawn

2. It is entertainment                                                             or computer animated
3. Cartoon is referred to be only western.                  

 


Now lets define anime


1. It is 2d
2. It is entrainment

3. Anime is referred to be only be Japanese

Sound similar don't they?.
Because they are

Anime is a style of cartoon.            (A STYLE)
Just like cg animation is basically a type or genre of cartoon.
Calling anime a cartoon is not an insult.
Sure Japanese people call western cartoons , cartoons because of where it is from. BUT REMEMBER these are styles. For example the rare occasion of a Chinese anime. Its called anime because of the style that it has been made in.
which is the traditional Japanese style.

And don't try compare things like better animation and story.
STYLES HAVE DIFFERENT STANDARDS OF QUALITY.
This concludes a more detailed explanation if needed i will edit and explain more.
Red = don't get offended Green= important Blue = eye catcher.





-------------------------------


avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 pm
cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1947
Points : 43952
Coins : 1400
Join date : 2012-08-25
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership :
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:57 am
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

-------------------------------

Acropyre's Latest Game Updates



[/center]
avatar
Seiya
Dango Lover
Dango Lover
Posts : 558
Points : 37985
Coins : 33459
Join date : 2013-05-05
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 pm

English = Cartoons
Jpanese = Anime

-------------------------------


[img]http://i.imgur.com/A3AUrUX.jpg[/img[/img]
avatar
Seiya
Dango Lover
Dango Lover
Posts : 558
Points : 37985
Coins : 33459
Join date : 2013-05-05
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:58 pm

English = Cartoons
Jpanese = Anime

-------------------------------


[img]http://i.imgur.com/A3AUrUX.jpg[/img[/img]
avatar
ILoveTheSilence
Promoter
Promoter
Posts : 2116
Points : 41987
Coins : 10671
Join date : 2012-12-25
Warning Level : You are BANNED!
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:57 pm
@Seiya wrote:
English = Cartoons
Jpanese = Anime

Double posting


Please refrain from double posting.

-------------------------------

avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:55 pm
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Posts : 147
Points : 45194
Coins : 877
Join date : 2013-02-27
Warning Level : No Warning

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:38 pm
That depends on the imagination of the developeers if it has a good gripping story or not. The style in which it is animated does not really determine how good the story is or how mature it is you seem to be trying to pull them apart but yet saying they are the same Kind of a contradiction there man no offense.

-------------------------------

avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:50 pm
@Mazinkaiser wrote:That depends on the imagination of the developeers if it has a good gripping story or not. The style in which it is animated does not really determine how good the story is or how mature it is you seem to be trying to pull them apart but yet saying they are the same Kind of a contradiction there man no offense.


Sometimes people get up in arms over anime being called a "cartoon" because they assume people are insinuating that it is a childish medium and they want to argue that it's for adults or it's a work of art or it's porn or whatever else. But when you get right down to it, anime is a type of cartoon. Sometimes it's Saturday-morning fare, and sometimes it isn't, but it's always a cartoon.

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1947
Points : 43952
Coins : 1400
Join date : 2012-08-25
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership :
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 am
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.


There are anime intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

There are cartoons intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

If you think you that inqoute " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens " then you haven't watch enough anime and cartoons or doesn't fully understand the concepts of both institutions

Of course, you have not. You nitpicked Looney Toons as the prime example of cartoons.


-------------------------------

Acropyre's Latest Game Updates



[/center]
avatar
ILoveTheSilence
Promoter
Promoter
Posts : 2116
Points : 41987
Coins : 10671
Join date : 2012-12-25
Warning Level : You are BANNED!
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 am




@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.


There are anime intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

There are cartoons intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

If you think you that inqoute " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens " then you haven't watch enough anime or doesn't fully understand the concept of the institution
Though she does have a point when she said "Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens" The majority of people who watches Anime are teenagers or young adults but me agreeing to her doesn't mean I'm ignoring the number of Adults who watch Anime. Those people will forever have my respects.




-------------------------------

avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:27 am
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.


There are anime intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

There are cartoons intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

If you think you that inqoute " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens " then you haven't watch enough anime and cartoons or doesn't fully understand the concepts of both  institutions

Of course, you have not. You nitpicked Looney Toons as the prime example of cartoons.



When most western people say anime they're referring to Japanese animation, and when most people say cartoon they're referring to western animation. Sometimes cartoon can even mean western children's animation.

However, animation is just animation to me. I don't get mad when people call say... Dragonball Z a cartoon because that's just a western term for something that's animated. Also, anime in japan encompasses all animation from Adventure Time to Death Note. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I think cartoon is an acceptable term for all things animated no matter where it's from or age group it belongs to. Some anime fans just get upset when you refer to it as a cartoon because they think you think you're lumping it in with Spongebob or something when a lot of it is aimed toward adults.

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1947
Points : 43952
Coins : 1400
Join date : 2012-08-25
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership :
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:18 am
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.


There are anime intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

There are cartoons intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

If you think you that inqoute " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens " then you haven't watch enough anime and cartoons or doesn't fully understand the concepts of both  institutions

Of course, you have not. You nitpicked Looney Toons as the prime example of cartoons.



When most western people say anime they're referring to Japanese animation, and when most people say cartoon they're referring to western animation. Sometimes cartoon can even mean western children's animation.

However, animation is just animation to me. I don't get mad when people call say... Dragonball Z a cartoon because that's just a western term for something that's animated. Also, anime in japan encompasses all animation from Adventure Time to Death Note. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I think cartoon is an acceptable term for all things animated no matter where it's from or age group it belongs to. Some anime fans just get upset when you refer to it as a cartoon because they think you think you're lumping it in with Spongebob or something when a lot of it is aimed toward adults.


So when I say: Anime are cartoons. Anime fans get upset because they think that I think i'm referring to something like spongebob ?
When in reality, I know the argument better than anyone ?

-------------------------------

Acropyre's Latest Game Updates



[/center]
avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:03 am
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.


There are anime intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

There are cartoons intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

If you think you that inqoute " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens " then you haven't watch enough anime and cartoons or doesn't fully understand the concepts of both  institutions

Of course, you have not. You nitpicked Looney Toons as the prime example of cartoons.



When most western people say anime they're referring to Japanese animation, and when most people say cartoon they're referring to western animation. Sometimes cartoon can even mean western children's animation.

However, animation is just animation to me. I don't get mad when people call say... Dragonball Z a cartoon because that's just a western term for something that's animated. Also, anime in japan encompasses all animation from Adventure Time to Death Note. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I think cartoon is an acceptable term for all things animated no matter where it's from or age group it belongs to. Some anime fans just get upset when you refer to it as a cartoon because they think you think you're lumping it in with Spongebob or something when a lot of it is aimed toward adults.


So when I say: Anime are cartoons. Anime fans get upset because they think that I think i'm referring to something like spongebob ?
When in reality, I know the argument better than anyone ?

coz you are insinuating that what they are watching is for children.(not spongebob in particular) as for the argument of is anime really a cartoon or vice vrsa what argument is there really to be made? both of them are animated, both have plots, both range in story the only difference is where they were actually made.

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1947
Points : 43952
Coins : 1400
Join date : 2012-08-25
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership :
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 pm
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.


There are anime intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

There are cartoons intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

If you think you that inqoute " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens " then you haven't watch enough anime and cartoons or doesn't fully understand the concepts of both  institutions

Of course, you have not. You nitpicked Looney Toons as the prime example of cartoons.



When most western people say anime they're referring to Japanese animation, and when most people say cartoon they're referring to western animation. Sometimes cartoon can even mean western children's animation.

However, animation is just animation to me. I don't get mad when people call say... Dragonball Z a cartoon because that's just a western term for something that's animated. Also, anime in japan encompasses all animation from Adventure Time to Death Note. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I think cartoon is an acceptable term for all things animated no matter where it's from or age group it belongs to. Some anime fans just get upset when you refer to it as a cartoon because they think you think you're lumping it in with Spongebob or something when a lot of it is aimed toward adults.


So when I say: Anime are cartoons. Anime fans get upset because they think that I think i'm referring to something like spongebob ?
When in reality, I know the argument better than anyone ?

coz you are insinuating that what they are watching is for children.(not spongebob in particular) as for the argument of is anime really a cartoon or vice vrsa what argument is there really to be made? both of them are animated, both have plots, both range in story the only difference is where they were actually made.

But still, anime is cartoons.

-------------------------------

Acropyre's Latest Game Updates



[/center]
avatar
- Hespera
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts : 4097
Points : 47675
Coins : 21882
Join date : 2013-01-26
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :


Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.


There are anime intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

There are cartoons intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

If you think you that inqoute " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens " then you haven't watch enough anime and cartoons or doesn't fully understand the concepts of both  institutions

Of course, you have not. You nitpicked Looney Toons as the prime example of cartoons.



When most western people say anime they're referring to Japanese animation, and when most people say cartoon they're referring to western animation. Sometimes cartoon can even mean western children's animation.

However, animation is just animation to me. I don't get mad when people call say... Dragonball Z a cartoon because that's just a western term for something that's animated. Also, anime in japan encompasses all animation from Adventure Time to Death Note. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I think cartoon is an acceptable term for all things animated no matter where it's from or age group it belongs to. Some anime fans just get upset when you refer to it as a cartoon because they think you think you're lumping it in with Spongebob or something when a lot of it is aimed toward adults.


So when I say: Anime are cartoons. Anime fans get upset because they think that I think i'm referring to something like spongebob ?
When in reality, I know the argument better than anyone ?

coz you are insinuating that what they are watching is for children.(not spongebob in particular) as for the argument of is anime really a cartoon or vice vrsa what argument is there really to be made? both of them are animated, both have plots, both range in story the only difference is where they were actually made.

But still, anime is cartoons.

Guys...

Anime is cartoon and Cartoon is anime... :aw

end of discussion :lol:

-------------------------------

YOW!! Guest , NICE TO MEET YAH!!~~~






Credits to Zork


avatar
Mazinkaiser
Dragon Balls Collector
Dragon Balls Collector
Posts : 147
Points : 45194
Coins : 877
Join date : 2013-02-27
Warning Level : No Warning

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:54 pm
Leads me to wonder if some of you only read the title.

-------------------------------

avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:18 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Spoiler:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:
@Acropyre wrote:
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:cartoons- animated

anime-animated

even if anime is more mature then cartoons its basically the same thing.. i dont know how else to put it.. ?

How is anime more mature than cartoons ? rofl

I don't think you don't understand cartoons just yet.
Have you seen the cartoons they air at Fox and Adult Swim ?

uh anime is obviously cartoons, only that it has a way different perpective than the one from cartoons such as looney tunes,which is the perspective americans cartoons have. Anime always intends to create stories with powerful meaning and themes that tends to be directed to teens. That's what i think tho, many ppl might have a different view to that topic.


There are anime intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

There are cartoons intended for little kids, pre-adolescence, teens, and mature audiences

If you think you that inqoute " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens " then you haven't watch enough anime and cartoons or doesn't fully understand the concepts of both  institutions

Of course, you have not. You nitpicked Looney Toons as the prime example of cartoons.



When most western people say anime they're referring to Japanese animation, and when most people say cartoon they're referring to western animation. Sometimes cartoon can even mean western children's animation.

However, animation is just animation to me. I don't get mad when people call say... Dragonball Z a cartoon because that's just a western term for something that's animated. Also, anime in japan encompasses all animation from Adventure Time to Death Note. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I think cartoon is an acceptable term for all things animated no matter where it's from or age group it belongs to. Some anime fans just get upset when you refer to it as a cartoon because they think you think you're lumping it in with Spongebob or something when a lot of it is aimed toward adults.


So when I say: Anime are cartoons. Anime fans get upset because they think that I think i'm referring to something like spongebob ?
When in reality, I know the argument better than anyone ?

coz you are insinuating that what they are watching is for children.(not spongebob in particular) as for the argument of is anime really a cartoon or vice vrsa what argument is there really to be made? both of them are animated, both have plots, both range in story the only difference is where they were actually made.

But still, anime is cartoons.


YES!! we agree!!!! finally!! wahaha.. :) :happy:

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1947
Points : 43952
Coins : 1400
Join date : 2012-08-25
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership :
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 pm
Um, no .. i still don't believe that Anime is more mature than cartoons

-------------------------------

Acropyre's Latest Game Updates



[/center]
avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:17 pm
i cant find the delete button.. sorreh for double posting..


Last edited by Nightcore Uzumaki on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:33 pm
The majority of people who watches Anime are teenagers or young adults..


Last edited by Nightcore Uzumaki on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
Acropyre
Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1947
Points : 43952
Coins : 1400
Join date : 2012-08-25
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership :
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:36 pm
@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:quote and quote "But still, anime is cartoons." by Acropyre..

But I didn't argue that anime is different from cartoons. Even back from the part one thread, I didn't argue that anime is not cartoons. I was in the Anime = Cartoons all the time.

But you however said " even if anime is more mature then cartoon "

Your defense was " Anime always intends to create stories [...] that tends to be directed to teens "

The only cartoons you know though is Looney Toons and Spongebob. You don't know what you're talking about dude. Like I said, have you seen the cartoons they air on fox and adult swim ?

-------------------------------

Acropyre's Latest Game Updates



[/center]
avatar
Nightcore Uzumaki
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
Posts : 1449
Points : 46759
Coins : 1255
Join date : 2013-03-30
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:11 pm
the number of children"s cartoons outnumber adult cartoons so that why i picked them.. i based my argument on what first came to mind when someone thought about the word cartoons so i picked looney tunes as my subject and not family guy, the clevelend show, the simpsons, american dad etc. i picked what people watch growing up and what they are used to.

-------------------------------





Click meh!!:
thank you leslie for this siggy!!
avatar
kitewashere
Promoter
Promoter
Posts : 894
Points : 47994
Coins : 9410
Join date : 2012-12-24
Warning Level : No Warning
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:28 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Finally, I found another interesting and informative discussion.

@Acropyre wrote:Um, no .. i still don't believe that Anime is more mature than cartoons
I agree with you.

@Nightcore Uzumaki wrote:the number of children"s cartoons outnumber adult cartoons so that why i picked them.. i based my argument on what first came to mind when someone thought about the word cartoons so i picked looney tunes as my subject and not family guy, the clevelend show, the simpsons, american dad etc. i picked what people watch growing up and what they are used to.
It's like you're comparing that anime has lots of mature themed titles than cartoons. This is what you are trying to say. Am I right? And you're basing maturity on that. Just like what Mazinkaiser said in post #33, the style (anime or cartoon) does not determine how mature it is. I would agree to you if you said that anime has more mature themed titles than cartoons but that would be another topic. lol xD

-------------------------------

Spoiler:



avatar
anton.solayao
TNMAA FinesT
TNMAA FinesT
Posts : 1935
Points : 55905
Coins : 18230
Join date : 2012-07-14
Warning Level : No Warning
Membership :
Member's Awards :

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:29 pm
I was once convince that anime and cartoons are totally different but then I watched the anime Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt At first I thought it was a cartoon but after researching it(LOL) It was actually produced by a company called GAINAX
Since then I don't judge any anime/cartoon on how they are drawn or where they were made from..... I don't know if this is related to the topic but I just wanted to share my experience.... Please don't hate .T_T 

-------------------------------

Have A Nice DayGuest!!
And Congratulations for being part of the 56903 registered members of the TNMAA Community





FB group|Join Here



A LOLI FAN?? Join HERE
Credits To Bro Leslie For My Forum Gear
avatar
bladenavy
Radio DJ
Radio DJ
Posts : 235
Points : 26450
Coins : 20330
Join date : 2013-06-26
Warning Level : No Warning

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:26 pm
@Mazinkaiser wrote:
That is exactly the point you should not downgrade western cartoons just because you prefer the way Japanese culture draws them. And should no act high and mighty if you watch either.

can't agree more,

-------------------------------


Claimed Character:
Sponsored content

Re: Anime are Cartoons pt 2.

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum